two.

Foreign Affairs
chapter two.

Foreign Affairschapter two

❨ 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐣𝐚𝐜𝐞 ❩

❈ ──────────── ❈

𝐋𝐄𝐎𝐍 𝐉𝐎𝐆𝐆𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐏𝐒 𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐂 𝐁𝐄𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐈𝐌. He ran up to Kai, who had gone into the Ops Center with Isabelle. Clary ran in and the rest of the Institute started to gather in behind them.

"Who sounded the alarm?" Alec questioned out loud as he ran up behind Leon.

"What's going on?"

"Oh no. Jace."

The hologram table was lit up with a holographic image of Jace, spinning around on the table. The words "WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE" were written in read over Jace's image.

"Aldertree said he wanted to rescue Jace," Clary said, turning to Isabelle and Alec.

"Actually, Clary, I said I wanted to find him. And you gave me the clue I needed to do just that."

They all turned around to the sound of Aldertree's voice and Leon narrowed his eyes on him as he walked up to the table.

"What did you tell him?" Alec snapped at the girl.

"Alec, I — "

"Is this everyone?" Leon crossed his arms over his chest and the room fell silent. "Fantastic. First up, all Downworlders are forbidden from entering the Institute without my prior approval. For those still present, good day."

Leon turned to Kai and he shook his head. "Magnus went home after his interview. He doesn't like Aldertree very much."

Leon snorted softly. "Yeah, that makes three of us."

Leon turned back to Aldertree, who had just forced Luke to leave Jocelyn. Then he was turning to Simon, the vampire he was kicking out so close to dawn.

"You too...Simon. Simon, right?"

"It's almost dawn," Simon told him out loud. "I don't have anywhere to go."

"Hey, you're a smart guy," Aldertree mused, lightly hitting Simon's arm. "I'm sure you'll figure something out."

"Simon, come on," Luke assured him.

Simon turned to Clary to say goodbye before he left with Luke. When they were gone, Aldertree clapped his hands to gather everyone's attention to him again.

"Now...Let's get to it." Leon glared at him as he looked toward them again. "I've reviewed your statements, along with the reports of your unsanctioned missions. And I can come to no other conclusion that Jace Wayland is a traitor to the Clave."