Chapter 3: The Best Friends

"I don't know....will there be food" I asked as I grabbed a box of macaroni noodles for dinner. "Oh my god y/n really?"

"Will there?" I asked again as Dinah huffed "I'll buy something, you just have to look cute" I hummed "ok I'll have to ask Lauren"

"You have to ask?" She snorts making me roll my eyes as I pushed the cart. "I don't have to ask, but the respectful thing to do is to tell your significant other that you're going somewhere. But I always ask Lauren if she's ok with it" I knew she rolled her eyes. "Where is she anyways she's running late"

"Is she running late or are you" she sucks her teeth making me chuckle because I know Dinah is just pulling up. "I don't see her car"

"She probably walk-"

"Oh there she go! Ok y/n I'll call you later" she ends the call. I turned the corner and almost fell backwards once I someone shoved a paper in my face. "Have you seen my daughter? She's been missing" an older woman says I looked at the picture. She did look familiar.

Flashback

"What would you like to drink ma'am?" A girl ask in a black uniform. I looked from my menu at the girl "ice tea"

"And you?" I looked over at Lauren to see her staring at the girl, as if she was mesmerized by how beautiful girl was. The girl was quite breathtaking. I kicked her leg clenching my jaw. "Ouch!" "She asked for your drink" I say through my teeth. "Oh um ice tea" she looks back down at her menu, but I caught her as she looked back up as the girl walked away.

"Your eyes are wandering again Lauren"

"No, it's not that baby I just I think I seen her before" I rolled my eyes "whatever" she grabs my hand. "My eyes are only on you"

End Flashback.

"Um no I haven't I'm sorry" she hands me the picture, "if you see her call please" I nodded as the woman ran to the next.

Lauren p.o.v

Dinah sat in front of me she smiles I stared at her neck, noticing the necklace that y/n bought her her for birthday hanging there. She clears her throat. "I see you're not a talker" she grabs my attention"

"Sorry uh how are you"

"I'm good.,.how are you"

"I'm good"

"Hi can I get you anything?" A man asks "we're actually waiting for someone" I furrowed my eyebrows "waiting for who?"

"Camila"

"Oh" the waiter walks away giving me view of a girl. She had sunglasses on on but the way her lips were formed I could tell she was very attractive. She flips the page of a book she was reading. She was reading Romeo and Juliet so she had to be in high school. Someone taps her shoulder gesturing her to stand up.

"Camila finally"

"Sorry I'm late, Matthew was being an asshole but guess what!"

"What?" Dinah ask "he finally replaced the ugly ass small ring for this one" she shows us, I rolled my eyes at the girl without her noticing.

She's with a different guy each year, I'm surprised she went as far into getting married. I mean he is 61.

And he's not attractive at all but he's rich and that's why she's with him. I hate girls like that and the only thing I wanted to do since the day I met Camila was to wrap my hands around her throat, strangle-

Stop it Lauren, this is y/n friend. She's off limits.

And Dinah she has a thing for my fiancé, that's why she's so against the our relationship, I over heard her talking to Camila about it. I have nothing against Dinah, but if she tries to sabotage our relationship then we will.

But there's nothing I can do because she's also off limits as well.

"That's a beautiful ring" I say "thank you! I picked it out"

Yeah I'm not surprised.

"$100,000"

Once again I'm not surprised.

"Alright so we invited you because we want to get to know you....you've been in my best friend life and ours for 3 years and we know nothing about you. Around this time we are supposed to be friends."

Acquaintance maybe but not friends. I'm just here to make y/n happy, not become friends with you two. Maybe if y/n had better friends I would think about it.

"Yeah, I was thinking the same thing...in sorry I've been so busy with work and keeping the relationship together that I really don't have time to make friends" they nodded as my eyes landed on the girl again who was now on her phone.

Her knees were up to her chest. "Well have you decided who's going to be your maid of honor?"

"My best friend Normani"

"We never met Normani"

"That's because she just moved down here from Texas 2 weeks ago, she'll come around after she gets settled down.

The lunch went on, I kept a a fake smile on her face, and made some type of friendship with the girls. I was now on my way down the street when I noticed the girl from the restaurant. She was listening to music bobbing her head. I slowed down my car so that I was behind her, I took in every curve on her body that I can see. Biting my lip I was about to pull up next to her but my phone rang. I grabbed it to see that it was Y/n.

"Hello?"

"Baby, how did it go with you and the girls?" She asks I pulled away from the girl huffing, looking back at the girl one more time before paying attention to the road. "It went well....they are really nosy though"

"Yeah that's my best friends for you....I'm sorry again, once again they don't take no for answer" she says I could hear that she was truly sorry. "Baby it's ok....I'm glad we did it" I lied. But I wouldn't want to hurt her. My job is to keep her happy.

"Really?"

"Yeah...I'll tell you more about it when I get home"

"Ok, you can help me cook"

"Oooo a home cooked meal...we haven't had one those in awhile".......