Part 3: Boba Bois

Chapter 3

<(a/n): I'm sorry this update is so late, AP tests have been kicking my butt! But I will definitely be more consistent after these devilish exams are over>

"Ughh my hurts like a mother f-" you quickly stop your curse, seeing that you had an audience around you, "-ather hey what is everyone doing here?"

"Wow, that was so smooth, (y/n)" you hear Zach scoff from the side of the nurse's office.

"Hey, don't be mean to her, she just blacked out for several minutes," Mira reprimands.

Crystal and Daniel stand off to the side, looking unsure of your health. You reassure them, stating "don't worry guys, I'm fine. People call me thick-headed all of the time so a cafeteria floor won't break me."

"That's not a compliment."

Rolling your eyes, you look towards the source of the voice and the very cause of your pulsing headache. The man, the myth, the legend: Jong Gun.

Before you could snap a creative remark, a familiar grape bursts through the door of the nurse's office, yelling, "HEY PEANUT HEAD DID YOU AT LEAST GET ME MY CHIPS!"

"Ahh... and the headache gets worse. Hello, Kouji. I'm doing fine, thanks for asking."

"Yeah, yeah, so where the hell are my onion rings."

"You know what you purple headed piece o--"

An awkward cough breaks your colorful rejoinder, and everyone's attention turns away from you and Kouji's word battle to the nurse who is looking absolutely done with everyone's bullsh*t at this point.

"Hey, this is the health office, not a social club. Everyone other than the patient needs to get back to class. Don't worry about her, she'll be fine," he says exasperated. "probably."

"Don't worry, doc. I already finished my work," Kouji says, sitting down and kicking up his dirty sneakers on the bed."

"Yeah, sure. You definitely 'did your work..' A nice euphemism for hacking the teacher's computer again," you scoff for what seems to be the millionth time in all of your conversations with your best friend.

"Are you sure you'll be okay here for a little bit?" Mira asks.

"She'll be fine, so can you guys return to class already? It's not like she fell out of a multi-story building after someone pushed her out of the window" the nurse states while ushering the students out of the room.

The only people left in the room were Kouji, Big Crystal, and Gun.

"You don't need to stay here, Crystal. I'm totally fine, and I can just tease Kouji for entertainment" you say while stretching your very sore shoulders.

"I'm not leaving until a certain person apologizes for your injuries" she replies while staring at expectantly at Gun.

Everyone then turns towards the bodyguard, and (y/n) looks smugly at him.

"Yeah, I guess I'm sorry for fighting Daniel and getting you hurt. That was pretty courageous of you to defend him, anyways. I guess you aren't a weakling unlike a certain somebody in this room."

The target of the insult sits obliviously, playing a mobile game on his phone and looking bored out of his mind.

"I apologize for what happened. If you ever need help with anything in the future, call me or Crystal because I kind of owe you now."

At that, Crystal looks satisfied by his statement and nods. A phone suddenly rings and Gun groans as he recognizes the tacky ringtone.

"This son of a bi--. Sorry, I have to take this call."

While Gun stands outside and speaks on the phone, Crystal keeps asking (y/n) about how she was feeling and if she needed anything. Half-listening to her, (y/n) nods and assures Crystal that her head is still intact and that she remembers that 1 + 1 is 2. She could hear snippets of the conversation outside, but couldn't pick up anything substantial. The only sentence she could clearly distinguish was Gun's caller yelling obscenely loudly, "ha! Didn't know being a bodyguard meant protecting people not beating up random people. Isn't that my job?"

After the call finishes up, the teen re-enters the room.

"Hey, Crystal, I have to go help Goo with some business. I'll drop you off on my way over. Again, I'm sorry for what happened before. I hope this covers your injury costs." He then tosses over a couple of bills onto the bed. "A couple of bills" may sound like a small amount, but not when each bill is worth 100000 won.

Gathering up her purse and coat, Crystal looks back at (y/n), as if to make sure that she wasn't more hurt than she was .02 seconds before.

(y/n) just waves bye with a forced smile, embracing the idea of a quieter room and with that, the pair embark towards their car outside.

"Whoa that's a lot of money, Kouji we eating good tonight!"

A couple hours later...

(y/n) embraces the calm atmosphere at her after-school job at the boba shop. Kouji sits at one of the tables, furiously typing away at his computer and sucking away at the complimentary Wi-Fi connection. You look over at him, sighing. Why doesn't this boi have anything better to do with his life?

Your nice atmosphere is crudely destroyed as a pair of arguing men enter the shop.

"Why the heck did you get blood on the seats of the new car? You know how much it'll cost to clean?" a familiar blonde complains at his companion, a familiar black-haired guy.

Do I really have to deal with the both of them right now? After an eye roll and a half, you pretend not to know the obnoxious duo and go through your shop's signature greeting.

"Hello, sirs. Welcome to (boba shop name), what can we help you with today?"

The two of them finally break out of their angry bickering and look over at you. A flash of recognition and surprise crosses over their faces.

Bodyguard boi ignores your greeting and immediately asks if your injury still hurt.

"The person you knocked out was soda girl?" Goo blurts out. "And you have two jobs? Now this is interesting."

Gathering your withering bits of patience, you still try to pretend like you don't know them and reply with the best phony accent you could come up with, "You must be mistaking me for someone else, I only work here and I didn't get injured at all today."

Nobody is convinced by your fake accent, especially when Kouji yells from across the room: "Get me another cookies 'n cream shake and make it with extra boba (y/n). Make it snappy i don't got all day."

Gun turns around towards the boi behind the computer. Finally looking up over his screen, Kouji sees the familiar bodyguard. "Are you here to beat up y/n a second time? Even if I'm her only friend, I'll allow it if I get front row seats."

"Kouji I'm YOUR only friend not the other way around" you snap in your normal voice.

Wait crap, my disguise has been foiled. Wait, double crap. With my concussion right now, these guys could probably beat me up with their pinky toes. Trying your best to not make your headache worse, you try to alleviate the situation. "Wow, I must have just had a brain fart I remember y'all now, Sprite boy and Crystal's manz."

"HA! Like that rich princess would ever be interested in this thug" Goo responds.

Gun immediately snaps his head towards his counterpart, "Like anyone would ever be interested in your greedy little as-"

"Can y'all just order please? Actually it doesn't matter, my shift ends in like 5 minutes so it's fine." 

(a/n: this is such an awkward place to end, but I gtg study for a math quiz, sorry y'all. i'll be back regularly next week!)