Lille and the Masked Man

Year 2004

Lille Montgomery, Magna Cum Laude and Class Valedictorian for Bachelor of Science in Medicine. Batch Siklab 2004!

Lille, or Lil. As what her friends and classmates calls her. Brain and beauty, she has it. She's always on top since she was a kid. She really excel in all fields. She's one step closer to her dream: to become a licensed Physician and study for Pediatrics. She has a soft heart for kids. She's also talented in arts and singing. She is a friendly and jolly person.

She is the lone daughter of Billy Joe and Emilia Montgomery. Bill and Emmi were doctors, too. Billy is a Neurosurgeon while Emmi is an Obstetrician-Gynecologist.

Their family owns a high-end hospital, the StranaVilla Montgomery Memorial Hospital. The hospital was named after to Estraña Villa, the mother of Emmi and Billy's mom, Vilma Montgomery. The first Filipina who conducted a successful in-vitro fertilization in the Philippines.

Really, being a Doctor runs in their blood.

Lille has everything. Education, beauty, grand lifestyle, a place where she can work and her family owns it, a loving family. What else can she ask for?

But behind the beautiful and jolly face of her, a past continues to haunt her present.

After her graduation rites, she decided to roam around the streets of the city. She missed doing this. She missed the cold breeze of the air, the fall of leaves, the noise of cars.

She got back into her senses, when she saw a man holding a guitar was singing in the street.

He was dashing and handsome man wearing a black leather jacket, a black shirt and black pants. He sits in a high chair while strumming his hazelnut color acoustic guitar.

He was singing the song "Dancing on my Own"

" Somebody said you got a new friend
Does she love you better than I can?
There's a big black sky over my town
I know where you're at, I bet she's around"

Her heart skipped a bit. She loved how this man sings. She moved closer and she stands behind the lamp post of the street.

He continued singing.

" And yeah, I know it's stupid
But I just gotta see it for myself
I'm in the corner, watching you kiss her
oh oh oh
I'm right over here, why can't you see me
oh oh oh
And I'm giving it my all
But I'm not the guy you're taking home, ooh
I keep dancing on my own "

She frowned when he saw the man wearing mask. I hope she could see his face. She knows that this man makes her feel weird and infatuated.

He continued the song while people take pict
ures and videos of him.

"I just wanna dance all night
And I'm all messed up, I'm so out of line, yeah
Stilettos and broken bottles
I'm spinning around in circles

And I'm in the corner, watching you kiss her, oh
I'm right over here, why can't you see me, oh
And I'm giving it my all, but I'm not the girl you're taking home, ooh
I keep dancing on my own
And oh no"

She brought out her phone and took a video of him singing. This is a must upload on YouGram.

"So far away but still so near
The lights come up, the music dies
But you don't see me standing here
I just came to say goodbye

I'm in the corner, watching you kiss her, oh
And I'm giving it my all, but
I'm not the guy you're taking home, ooh
I keep dancing on my own
And oh no"

He went down on his chair and he walked slowly towards Lille.

"Sit down in the corner, watching you kiss her, oh no
And I'm right over here, why can't you see me, oh no
And I'm giving it my all, but
I'm not the guy you're taking home, ooh
And I keep dancing on my own"

And he stopped infront of the beautiful lady. He held the lady's hand and kissed it. She felt love and happiness. After, he went back in his high chair and finished the song.

" So far away, but still so near
The lights come up, the music dies
But you don't see me standing here"

All of the people watching were clapping and shouting. She stopped the video recording and in a snap, the singing man was gone.

She roamed around and checked if the man was still there. The man left and no traces of him was left behind.

She promised herself before leaving.

: I'll be back on this 11th Street with you, soon, my love.

And she left.

****End of Chapter 1***