chapter thirteen

song: written in the water- gin wigmore (fantastic name in my opinion)

You ignore your phone, thinking it must be the person spamming you. Little did you know, you were wrong. You didn't have work today, so you didn't need to get up, or move or anything (lmao me). You hear your phone ringing, and instantly grab it to see if you'd get a chance to hear this person speak, only to find that it was Lizzy calling you. You swipe across and put it on speaker.
"Lizzyyyy heyyyy!" you say, smiling through the words.
"Y/n! Are you okay? Last night was... eventful. Are you okay? Did you tell Aidan?" she says, concern taking over her.
"No, I didn't tell him. But he did come round last night at around 11. We just talked, it was nice though." you say, wondering if you should even go into detail about your argument with him, or the private moment with him.
"Oh, uh... okay then I guess..." she says, a tone in her voice you'd never heard before.
"What's wrong?" you say, confused and concerned for her.
"It's nothing, I just, you know, I really think that you should tell him. Well, I'll put it this way, if you don't anytime soon, I will." she says, raising her voice slightly. You could tell she was getting angry.
"Woah, why're you all angry at me? And it's not your place to tell him, just respect the fact that I don't want him to know." you say, getting slightly annoyed at her repeating urge to get you to tell Aidan about the threats.
"Listen, I'm only bugging you about it not because I want you to tell him, but because you NEED to. He can prevent it, do things to stop it. You can't."
"Just stay out of it, okay? I mean, it's not like anything's actually happened, and I don't wanna put anymore weight on Aidan's shoulders than he already has." you say, sympathising with Aidan. You just really didn't want him to know for various reasons, like you want to appear strong and prove to everyone that you can deal with these sorts of things in a calm and collected way, and you don't want Aidan to worry about it, even though everything had been going fine between you two until the texts started. But the main reason is that you just want to ignore it, and for people (especially Lizzy) to just stop mentioning it.
"Jesus, fine! I'm only trying to help you!" She says, before hanging up on you. You feel like crying, and throw your phone to the other side of the room out of anger, before wrapping yourself underneath your thick, warm duvet and hugging your knee's, before drifting off back to sleep again.

You wake up to someone lightly shaking you and faintly calling your name.
"Y/nnnnn"
"Y/n..."
"Y/N!! WAKE UP!!" It was your mom.
"Someone's at the door for you, come on!" She says, smiling. You go down stairs in an oversized top and shorts, to see Aidan smiling at waving at you from the door.
"Morning!" He says smugly. You give him a questioning look.
"It's 1pm! You were still sleeping?" He laughs, stepping inside.
"Shhhhh, leave me be." You giggle.
"Oh, what happened last night after I fell asleep?" You say, seeing him blush instantly at the mention of it.
"About half an hour after you'd fallen asleep, I brought you back up to your room and, uh, yeah." He says, looking away, trying to hide his face from you. You smile to yourself, thanking him. Then a scary thought crossed your mind. What if he likes you back? You'd never even thought that that was a possibility, but with the way he was acting, it didn't seem too far fetched. You feel your face heating up, and look back over to Aidan, to see him still looking away, attempting his best to hide his face.
"Hey Aidan, are you okay?" You say, your mind all twisted in knots.
"Hm? Oh yeah, I'm fine!" He says, revealing his crimson red face. You laugh slightly.
"Oh yeah? Then why the hell do you look like an actual tomato?" You say smugly. He rolls his eyes playfully.
"Yeah, well, screw you." You chuckle.
"Wanna watch a movie?" You suggest, smiling.
"Of course." He says, following you to your living room. You both slump down on your couch and you grab the remote, passing it to Aidan, saying,
"You choose." He flicks through a couple of films until he gets to Love, Simon. He goes to play it, before looking at you.
"Is this good?"
"Obviously!" You say excitedly, before getting comfy on the sofa.

A/n

Word count- 849

I HONESTLY CANT THANK YOU ALL ENOUGH! WE HIT 3K! THATS SO AMAZING! RIGHT NOW WERE ON 3.64K (and counting) AND THATS JUST SO AMAZING SO THANK YOU!

I'm so sorry for not posting as frequently and for the really short chapter :( I need sleep badly.

see you soon my loveliessss! <3