Chapter Eight

Trias may be the star of the show, but the others in the Borderlands and the Sea-folk would beg to differ.

The young boy called Dovah snuck along the Borderlands bridges, moving with an unusual grace most compared to an angelic being.

He wore an earthen toned robe, and his dark red eyes always held a mischievous glint in them. He was well known for being a thief, but also for giving a portion of what he stole to those who could not steal or buy things themselves.

Some had money with which to buy the things he brought, but could not traverse the bridges. They paid him in due for whatever he brought.

Others could traverse the paths but had no money, or had families to care for. He asked no charge from them, nor from any of them.

Those who were well off paid him anyways and even those middle classed would pay him a meager sum for what he brought.

Some called him Kiin, his last name, and others who were stuck in the hereditary tradition of calling one by a single name called him Dovahkiin. He'd had no name before they gave him this name, and he accepted it with pride.

Dovahkiin meant dragon-born in the Ancient One's tongue, so he bore his gifted name as a mark of pride. The Ancient One within him took pride in it as well; for dragons had been part of their gifts to the world when the Earth was young.

His Ancient One never hid within him as those in the main city had to. It walked beside him, slipping along the paths lithely. It took the form of a slender birdlike creature, six wings and six limbs. 

Its beak did not curve near as sharply as some of the Borderlands creatures, and its eyes glowed a gentle, dark green. It was a dark earthen tone in color, sometimes shifting to a light sand tone if it were traveling a path above the submerged beaches of the old Earth.

He had heard the rumors. 

The ones of the major traffickers suddenly vanishing, presumed dead.

Of a street rat being the one who killed the four of them.

Of a strange creature not unlike his Ancient One prowling the streets of Trias.

And he knew he would find that person.

He knew their fates were inexplicably intertwined. For his name was not given without reason.

Dovahkiin.

Dragon-born.

Ancient One.

Earth Hostling.