Sophie

(Sophie's POV)

I woke up and found a note on my bed. I opened it and it read, 

Dear Sophie Elizabeth Vacker, 

your love is gone. If you want him back, then come to Everglen and meet us there. If you don't come, he's dead. If you turn on us there, he's dead. He is in prison. You want him back, you listen to us.

-- The Neverseen

I ran to my husband's room and saw a shattered window and the bed was messy, which was unlike him. I looked on the ground and saw a bright red pile of blood and hair. I fell to the ground, weeping. 

I took out my imparter and called Edaline and Grady. They answered, and Grady peppered her with things like, "What has That Boy done now! Did he join the Neverseen? Why are you crying?" 

Edaline said, "Grady, stop. This is serious. And it must be very important, too." To Sophie, she said, "Sweety, what's wrong?" Puffy-eyed and hoarse, I replied, "Mom, Dad, Fitz was taken." Then I burst out crying. 

Edaline and Grady were speechless. Then Edaline broke the gloomy silence by saying, "Who took him?"

 In the middle of my fit, I replied, "The Neverseen." Grady and Edaline stared at each other, and I knew what they were thinking. They were thinking of Jolie, their only daughter, who was killed by the Neverseen. This time I broke the silence and said, "I'll go tell Alden and Della." I hung up and started crying.