Prolouge

Often, there are times to be quiet, but currently the young, h/c haired lass was unsure if her input was needed.

You see, a couple of hours ago two boys had came into her  sweets shop, nothing wrong there. However, these boys were fighting over what they wanted to get. They bickered and fought, bringing all her attention to them, so she'd missed the presence of their third accomplice.

"Lower your voices, troglodytes," the third man spoke softly, gaining not only the two boys attention, but your own as well. It was when your attention reached his face that you recognized him as a regular.

"Oh, welcome back!" You greeted sweetly, a smile lacing itself on your lips. You remembered this man from his visits almost every week, unless he had "work problems". You pegged him to be the kind of guy who didn't talk much, but were pleasantly surprised to discover his love for conversation. The way he easily insulted the two boys he accompanied made it seem they were close, but it was still a surprise to hear him say something like that. "It's been a bit since your last visit, Tim."

He swept his light brown hair to the side, combing it with his fingers, "Yeah, I've been working some overtime lately." He gently moved to two, previously bickering boys, out of his way, leaning onto the counter with a gentle smile, "What about you? You seem awfully tired, are you getting enough rest?" Once seeing your nod, he relaxed a bit, "Good..good."

(This is very short since I wanted to hide too many details about the story. The next update will not be a chapter, but a page dedicated to my descriptions of characters, and showings of who's in the story/who's a romantic interest. It will also contain the readers input on these characters as if they're files.)