Three

"Lincoln, thank God you're here. Let's go out"

He sighed, knowing very well what Eva was up to "Why? I came here to have lunch with you. You promised to cook for me. That's why I came over Eva not to accompany you to one of your crazy stalking schemes"

"Stop whining. We can have lunch outside too. I know of a great place that has amazing food and great service"

"You hate eating out unless it's necessary or you're stalking someone" he sighed again "Who is it this time?"

"You know me so well Linc. Let's go, I'll tell you on the way"

"Eva" he whined, following her. She had been looking for an excuse to go out and God had sent her an angel from heaven. Lincoln would always be her guardian angel even though he whined too much and always fell into her traps.

When her parents died, Eva had thought it was the end of the world. Her sister Rosslyn had done everything she could to cheer her up but it was hard, especially when social services threatened to separate them. Theirs was a common case. Two kids go into the system then are separated because no one wants to adapt both of them. Add that to the fact that they were older, it was almost impossible to find a family that would take them in. Due to all that, she had fallen into depression. She couldn't imagine being separated from her sister right after losing her parents.

It had taken a lot to bring her out of that dark void. Always the cheerful one, Rosslyn had refused any family that wanted to separate them, saying that since they were born together, they would go everywhere together. The other kids at the orphanage thought they were stupid to pass up the chance to have a family but no one knew Rosslyn was doing all that for her. So she wouldn't have a complete mental break down. It still amazed her how strong her sister had been back then until Lincoln found them. He was their mother's younger brother and not old enough to take care of two children but he'd taken the responsibility, saying that he was the only family they had.

To this day, he was still her guardian angel "I think he's the one. This time I'm not wrong"

"You thought your seven ex boyfriends were the one" he retorted rolling his eyes.

"I'm serious this time. It was love at first sight"

"For you or for him?"

"For us both. I can tell that he feels the same way too but he doesn't know it yet"

"Is that why we are stalking him? To make him realize his feelings for you?"

"We're not stalking, per say. I told you that I'm taking you out for lunch"

Lincoln groaned "Where is Rosslyn when you need her?"

"She said she'll visit soon. I miss her so much"

"When will she release her collection? I can't wait to see Lily-May"

"Me too. Should I remind her about that bag I wanted? Knowing her, she might forget to buy it and blame it on me for not reminding her"

"We're here" Lincoln announced

At that, Eva threw her phone in the bag and jumped out of the car. She had a big hat on, a pair of sunglasses and gloves in case any fans recognized her. Although, this was a pretty posh place. It was unlikely anyone would act out of character even if they really were her fans. "How do I look?"

"Who cares? Aren't we here to eat?"

"Yes, but it doesn't mean I have to look ugly when I'm eating. Is my lipstick okay or should I retouch it?"

"You look perfect Eva. Now let's go, I'm hungry"

The second they entered the restaurant, her eyes were scanning the whole place looking for him. She spotted him at the far end in a corner talking to someone and lucky for her there was a perfect spot just waiting for them "I want that table" Eva pointed to the one next to his.