Chapter 3- 1870

Authors Note: I know I haven't updated in a while but I'm giving you an extra-long chapter. I've changed a few things that you should read in the first chapters so read the prologue and first chapter again please, I know it's a pain in the butt, but I wrote those chapters years ago so I had to shift it around since I only decided to start writing it again now. Also I want you guys to know that I've recently watched season five and I am absolutely in LOVE with Enzo, so this is an Enzo love fic. I'm sorry if the timeline is rusty and not quite right but I'm writing this at three in the morning. Also: opinions on my OC. She doesn't have much of a personality at this point, but it will show up later. She in my opinion grew up with Damon and Stefan so she's part angel, part devil. So please comment!!! I love reading them, even if you're going to tell me how much of a suck ass updater I am. Okay last thing: if there are any Elijah/OC fans then you should go checkout my story on Fanfiction.net The Forgotten One. Same pen name. I would really love it if you read it!!! Peace out bitches!!! J

1870:

I no longer liked to be called Aria. It was what my brothers called me and only my brothers. It had been a six years since they had been reported dead, casualties of the battle of willow creek. AKA the rounding up of the vampires.

Emily, my aunt, is a witch and that makes me one too. So she had been trying to teach me the 'art' of it. I didn't need to chant anymore, turns out my power could be channelled into my hands and head, made it easier as Latin is referred to as 'the devils tongue'. I had perfected the form of levitation and telekinesis and conjuration.

"Anna." Emily calls from somewhere outside of our cottage. "Anna." She screams. I can sense the panic within her and rush out of the cottage she had taken care of me for an entire six years. Men and women chased her armed with sticks and shot guns, all yelling in rage. She caught me in her arms as I flung myself into them. "Take my baby and run." She whispers and spins around to run towards the crowd. I run back to the cottage and watch as they seize her in their grasps and tie her hands together before dragging her away, she sent a look my way and I ran inside. I entered the baby's room and run over to the crib where the little cocoa baby of Emily lays, my cousin. She had big hazel eyes exact replicas of mine and a thin layer of black silky hair. She would be beautiful.

"Come on, Wendy." I say and pull her into my tiny arms and she doesn't make a fuss thankfully. I cradle her in my arms and sneak past the ravaging townspeople who were tearing the place apart trying to find our grimoires luckily I had mine and Emily's wrapped in a blanket and tucked into a deep pocket in my dress. I made soothing sounds to Wendy like I had seen Emily do many times before and walked through the darkness with no idea where I was going to go.

My feet carried me and Wendy to a small stream, I placed Wendy's small form down and washed my sweating face in the cool water. I sat with Wendy bundled in my arms trying to keep her warm and healthy. She would need food. I would need food. Then I remember the one who fed me and kept me safe. How could I have not thought of her before? My nanny. Manny.

I walked through the woods and past many cottages until I finally reached a cottage that she had taken me too once, it was last year the morning after my father's death and she took me there to feed me and clean me until somebody stepped up to be my care taker. I walked up to the door and knocked and waited, hoping for her to answer the door. It took only a minute before her lined, friendly face answered. She was beautiful even in aging. She smiled and looked at the baby in my arms.