chapter fourteen ▬▬▬ gas mines

━━━━━ THE BRUNETTE LOOKED around searching for the Skull Crawler wanting to kill it

      ━━━━━ THE BRUNETTE LOOKED around searching for the Skull Crawler wanting to kill it. When the 50 had been set up, she stood with Conrad, Marlow and Mason. Jo-Ann looked up seeing a flash coming from the distance she knew it was Randa's broken camera. The flash continued to move around them.

She heard the Crawler make a noise, and she proceeded to look around some more. Then the Crawler came out rushing towards Marlow. She watched as he pushed the sword towards the Crawler, slicing him.

"Go!" Conrad shouted.

Jo-Ann lowered her gun, running after Conrad. However, the brunette lost her balance causing her to trip on the ground and lose her gun in the process. Mason stopped in her spot turning back towards her and grabbing her hand, pulling her off the ground. The two ran forward as the Crawler followed after them.

The two passed a larger set of bones but that didn't stop the Crawler. Mason searched around, eventually finding them an area at which they could hopefully be protected. She pulled Jo-Ann with her, the brunette caught on and slid on the dirt landing next to Mason. Looking up they watched as the Crawler came at them.

It tried to push through the bones so it could claim them as their next victims. The two screamed out, not really able to defend themselves.

"Bring the torch! Do your thing!" Packard ordered loud enough for Mason and Jo-Ann to hear.

Jo-Ann felt as though her body was frozen, she couldn't move. She didn't realize that Mason had grasped her, pulling her off the ground once more. They were running away from the Crawler as it burned. Bullets could still be heard from the other men. Jo-Ann looked back watching as the Crawler hit the man, sending him flying through the air.

Jo-Ann removed her hand from Mason's and slid on the ground, she grabbed her gun. Turning around she continued to shoot at the Crawler as green smoke filled the air. The unknown flying creatures made another appearance, breathing in slowly as she exhaled. Mason stood behind her as the brunette began shooting the creatures one by one.

"Marlow! Sword!" Conrad shouted, causing Jo-Ann to briefly stop what she was doing. She watched as Conrad grasped the sword and continued to run forward.

"Go! Get to the bones!" Jo-Ann shouted, she stood up and grabbed a hold of Mason pulling her towards the bones. Once they were safely behind the bones, Jo-Ann halted her shooting, not wanting the Crawler to come after them again. When they were in the clear, Mason grabbed Jo-Ann's hand, pulling her out of the bones.

The two ran towards Conrad and Slivko, Jo-Ann watched Mason disconnect her hand. Then she lit the lighter that she had pulled out of her pocket and threw it towards the Crawler. They watched as the light landed in one of the gas mines, causing a blast. The four went flying backwards.

Jo-Ann once again lost grip of her gun. She landed on the ground next to Mason, her shoulder hitting one of the rocks. The brunette then screamed in agony at the pain that raced through her. Conrad stood up from the ground walking over to Jo-Ann. She rolled in the dirt holding on to her arm as the pain continued to rush through her.

"Can you get up?" Conrad asked her, making sure she could still walk.

"Ah, my shoulder.... It needs to be popped back in." Jo-Ann said, ignoring his question.

"Mason get behind Jo,  hold onto her. What I'm about to do is going to hurt twice as much." Conrad said, looking at Mason.

She only nodded in response, doing what she had been told. Conrad grasped her arm looking at Jo-Ann. The brunette looked at him and nodded her head letting him know that it was okay. Conrad moved her arm backwards, popping it back into place. The brunette groaned slightly as the discomfort but soon felt the pain disappear. He helped her up, keeping her close to him.