Chapter 8

Sonic's P.O.V.
I was in the shower, getting ready for the party that Tails had organized for my birthday. I really don't want to go there, knowing that Scourge and probably Amy will be there. At this point I knew that Scourge was the one pretending to be the 'stranger', there was no way someone else could've seen us in the park, only I and him knew that spot... How did Scourge find me then...?

I remember the next day I had beaten up Scourge, Amy came growling and banging on my door, she was furious saying that Scourge did nothing to me for me to beat him up, but of course she didn't know what he did, so I simply shut the door and ignored her.

I got out of the shower and dried my fur, walking to the living room to take my things and start my way to Tails' house. I grabbed my phone and jacket then threw the towel on the floor and opened the front door.

I sighed and put on my jacket since it was cold outside then started walking after I locked the door behind me.

I was lost in my thoughts as I slowly made my way to my ex-best friend's house, feeling guilty for leaving him without telling him the truth. He was my buddy, my brother, he trusted me with his life and I trusted him just as much, but I was too scared to tell him that his death was too much for me.

I sighed and looked at the house that was decorated with colorful balloons and confetti and slowly and hesitantly knocked on the door. When the door opened I was pulled in the darkroom by someone's hand and everyone shouted in unison.

"Happy birthday!!" I tensed up and took a step back at the sudden noise but calmed down and chuckled when I saw all the familiar faces I hadn't seen for so long. 

All of my close friends were there, Tails, Knuckles, Rouge, Vanilla and Cream. I smiled at them as they walked to me and gave me a big hug. 

I laughed softly and tried to move. "Guy... I can't... Breath..." 

I heard them laugh and slowly letting go of me and apologizing, I shook my head and laughed. "What are you doing here guys? Don't you have work or something?" I didn't want to sound mean, but I was worried that they stopped their working only to come to my party, I didn't deserve the party either way.

Rouge laughed softly and shook her head. "Are you kidding? We wouldn't miss our friend's birthday Blue." She gave me one of her famous smirks. I chuckled and nodded then knelt down in front of Cream as she came running to me and hugged her.

"Hi Cream! How are you? You've grown so much" I smiled and grabbed the present that she offered me, I thanked her and put it aside.

"I missed you Mr. Sonic." She said cutely and hugged me tightly, I lowered my ears and chuckled softly then rubbed Cream's back and picked her up. 

"I missed you too." I said and walked to Vanilla then hugged her as well, I talked with her for a while until Rouge came in the living room with four plates balanced on her arms. I out Cream down and went to help her, she thanked me and gave everyone a plate then went back to the kitchen to get plates for the rest. I followed her and sighed quietly, I wanted to leave already, even though I enjoyed talking to my friends.

Rouge heard that and looked at me with a concerned look. "What's wrong hun?" She placed her hand on my shoulder and lowered her ears slightly. I looked at the floor and shook my head. 

"It's nothing, don't worry about it." I gave her a small fake smile and was about to go get more plates, but I stayed still at what she said next.

"It's about Shadow isn't it?" She looked at me with a sad and worried. I dropped my ears and slowly shook my head.

"N-no. It's not about him." I lied, hoping that she would believe me, but of course she didn't.

"Hun, don't worry, it's normal." She made me look at her. "You don't have to hide it." 

I moved my head away from her hand and sighed. "Can we please not talk about it? I had a fight with Scourge about it already." I mumbled and grabbed the last two plates, when I heard the door opened and the most annoying sound following.

"Hi guys! Guess what!" Amy shouted excitedly. I groaned and walked to the living room not looking at her, I heard her staying quiet for a bit then walked to me and hugged me from behind. 

"Happy birthday Sonikku~!" She tightened her grip around me as I tried to move. I growled lowly but contained myself.

"Amy." I said in an calm yet irritated voice.

"Yes, Sonikku~?" She said with the most annoying tone her annoying voice could make. I sighed and quickly moved away from her. 

"Don't call me that." I mumbled and started walking away, I saw Scourge smirking at me from the corner of my eye, making me growl. Everyone heard my growl and looked at me confused. 

"You okay Mr. Sonic?" Cream said sweetly and tilted her head. I nodded at her and walked in the kitchen after I gave a dead glare at Scourge, who was still smirking at me. He was the stranger, one hundred percent.