What is happening

"My name is Chameleon. I live with the ten other superheroes in Strange Tower. I will be the newest member of the rescue team." I spoke with a shaky vocie, holding my body high. The only thing keeping me from spilling over board with nerves was having the hero I've looked up to for so long, Justice, standing next to me and the fact that my brother, Peter is out in the ocean of reporters infront of me. I felt nevouse in the suit that was made for me. All eyes in the room were on me. I gathered all my strength and began to answer questions... but lets see how we got here. Lets go back a year.

One year earlier

"Casey! Come on! You don't want to be late!" Peter yelled for me from the bottom of the stairs. My name echoed throughout the house.
"Coming!"

My name is Casey Cobalt. I'm a normal teenager. Well a very geeky teenager. I love D&D and superheros. Saddly I'm the youngest jr at school but thats a minor detail.

I ran down the stairs to meet my older brother Peter. "Do you have work today?"
"I hate it but yes, I do have work and its going to be till 9 o'clock"
"Well we have to pay bills somehow."

I may really like superheros and all but I'm most defently not one. No super powers, no crazy inventions, no healing factor, and no self defence skills for that matter, but I do have my chemistry homework and some trigonometry homework so I think finishing both of those in one night might as well make me a hero. A multitasking teenage hero.

As we walked out to the car I felt as if someone was watching me but I decided to brush it off. Pete and I spent the car ride to my school just chating and laughing. It was honestly what I needed this morning. Before you ask why, lets hear some jokes that Pete and I were saying. Trust me you'll want them.

"Hey Casey you want to hear an abortion joke?"
"Uhhhh ok?"
"A son goes up to his father and asks how the father feels about abortion. The father tells the son to ask his sister. The son then says; but dad I don't have a sister"
"PETE! OH MY GOOSES"
Yes gooses. They are mean and I dont like them.
"Okay, okay. Hey by the way, do you think hitler tied his shoes in nazis?"
"Hahhaha man I raised you right!"

It used to not be like this. There use to be three people in this car making jokes and not caring how wrong or offensive the jokes may be. That third person was my father, Presley. He may have not been Pete's father but he sure did raise Pete. He was my father and he tried raising me too but he was too sick. Pete had to start taking care of the house when he was 13. A small 13 year old was taking care of a sick 38 year old and a energetic 7 year old. Three years later, my father passed. Pete may have acted strong but I knew that he was hurt deep inside. Today is the sixth year of his passing so this joking is just what I needed.

"Have a good day Casey. Oh and see if July and Ashley will walk home with. Also, please do your chores when you get home."
"Will do.... OH I'll make a cake and some bouquets too!"

Peter smiles sweetly and teared up a little. "Yeah that would be sweet if you could."
"Bye bye Pete! I love you!"

Pete helped me get dad off my mind today so a cake sould help him and we can also bring some bouquets to dad.

Little did I know that I wasn't going to be able to make that cake. Not even make it home for that matter.

I would have never left the car or home if I knew I could avoid whats about to happen.

As I was walking to the school building I saw a small kitten and went over to it. It was the one Ashley was telling me about the other day.

Suddenly someone grabbed me. They put a cloth over my mouth, and then, I was out.

I don't think my chemistry homework or my triganomatry homework or even my multitasking teenage skills could save me.

This is it. This is how I'm going to die. I'll never seen Pete or my friends again. This is the end for me.

Then all my thinking just stopped. There was nothing but black.