Chapter One

I am a close friend of Peter Parker, AKA, Spider-Man. I've always looked up to the Avengers and been intrigued by them, and ever since Spider-Man was seen fighting alongside them I had to know who he was. I was the first person to figure out his secret identity. Granted, it wasn't that difficult. The idiot did take his mask off right in front of me. But hey, what can I say? I love that idiot. Today is a very exciting day for me and Peter. We're going with Mr. Stark to Avengers Mansion, and actually getting to meet the Avengers. But as far as Aunt May knows, we're both going for an internship. We have to be careful since she doesn't know about the whole Spider-Man thing. 

"Hey, Nikki! Come on!" Peter yelled from down the hall. "Mr. Stark is here and we don't need to keep him waiting!"

"Okay, coming as quick as I can!" I yelled back, putting my snapback on my head and running out of the room.

I raced down the hall and out the door with my suitcase and duffel bag and ran with Peter to the jet-black limo that was picking us up.

"He loves to stay low-key, doesn't he?" I asked. 

Peter and I laughed, and the chauffeur helped us put our bags in the back of the limo. 

"Oh, I forgot something!" I said and raced back into the apartment. 

I ran upstairs and down the hallway to Peters's room and grabbed my plush cow off the bed. I ran back out as quick as I could and sat in the limo, cow still in hand. 

"Really?" Peter asked.

I looked down at the plushie in my hands. 

Peter smiled. "I know you can't sleep without it, Nikki. Don't worry about it."

I put it in my duffel bag. Mr. Stark was just watching us. When we finally got ourselves situated, he started explaining what to expect from the week we were staying at Avengers Mansion. 

"First of all," He started, "You two will not be participating in any missions." He looked at Peter. "I'm mostly referring to you, kid." 

I smiled. Peter is always managing to get himself into trouble. 

"It's more important that you don't try to be the hero this time because of who we're dealing with." Mr. Stark said. "Loki is back, and we have no idea what he wants this time." 

I looked up at Mr. Stark. "Norse Loki? As in the trickster god?" I asked. 

"Good, you know your mythology." Mr. Stark said, looking at me. "So, why did you want to come?" 

"Oh, I um.." I looked down at my hands and started picking the black polish off my nails. "I don't really know. I mean, Peter told me you said I could come, and I thought it would be a great learning opportunity."

"Good answer. And according to your grades, you are a very bright student. And the fact that you figured out that this knucklehead is Spider-man."

Peter looked between us, pretending to be offended. 

Then Mr. Stark got serious again. "Your parents gave you permission to come, right?" He asked me. 

I opened my mouth to answer, but couldn't. Peter stepped up for me. 

"She's kind of in Aunt May's custody for now." 

Mr. Stark nodded, and Peter put his hand on mine. I was visibly upset, but he quickly changed that. And by that, I mean he took the hat off of my head and held it behind his back. I leaned over him and fought him to get it back while he tried to push me back. Mr. Stark shook his head and went back to whatever he was doing on his tablet before we got in the car. 

"Worse than siblings." He mumbled, smiling a bit. 

I was finally able to snatch my hat back from Peter, and I shoved it on my head and pulled it over my eyes. Might as well get some more shuteye before we get to the mansion. Peter did the same, leaning back and closing his eyes. 

Little did we know this was the first day of the rest of our life. Things would change in a way we never would have expected, and life would never be the same again.

Authors Note

Hey guys! Guess who's back and rewriting this story to make it better than ever?! I've been working on a non-fanfiction book as well, but I'm not releasing that one for a bit now. I'm super excited to get back into this! I'd appreciate it if you'd stick around, as I'll be updating at least once a week, if not twice a week. (Maybe more, depending on my mood ;)) 

Xoxo