𝐭𝐰𝐨

"SKAILAR, COME DOWN HERE!"

Skailar took a deep breath as she laid on her back. She grabbed her phone and forced herself to sit up, standing on her own two feet.

They had guests over, and Skailar wasn't looking forward to the dinner her mother prepared. "I'm coming!" She yelled anyway, dragging her feet past her mirror and to her door. She didn't care how she looked, it was her house.

She took her time on each step of the staircase, leaning on the railing for support. She felt something brush past her and widened her squinted eyes. "Sorry," he mumbled, running up the stairs. Skailar sighed and continued.

"Oh my God! You look just like your mother," Skailar heard an unfamiliar voice say. She looked up and smiled at the lady in response, walking towards her to give her a cheek-to-cheek kiss because that's how her mother taught her to greet people.

"So you're Skailar, huh?" She asked as Skailar began to help organize the food on the table along with her mother.

"Mhmm," She hummed before taking a seat.

The two of them followed and Skailar's smile dropped due to a lack of interest.

The three of them turned their heads once they heard something shatter. The house went deadly silent.

"DOM IS THAT YOU? APPLE, GET IN HERE!" The lady yelled. Skailar kept a concerned look on as she waited for them to come in the dining area. "I'm so sorry," The lady added to her mother. "No really, it's fine." Skailar's mom said.

"What, mom?"

Skailar turned to look at the staircase and seen the boy from yesterday strolling down, his hand on his head.

"I said was that you? Where's your sister?" The lady asked in a calmer tone of voice. He shrugged and walked towards us.

"Apple, get in here bubba!" He raised his voice.

Skailar sighed louder than she was supposed to, receiving all of the attention she didn't want.

"Oh, have you met my son, Dominic? My other son Alex couldn't make it." The lady said to her.

Skailar nodded her head in response, "Yeah I have actually, yesterday." She said to her.

Skailar seen a short figure hiding behind Dominic and noticed the little girl, Apple she guessed tugging on his leg. He whispered something in her ear and she smiled before taking a seat next to him.

"Well he and his brother are going to be enrolling to your school. Keep him out of trouble, will ya? Show him around a bit, y'know." The lady told Skailar.

"Mom..." Dominic groaned in a low tone.

"I'm sure she will," Skailar's mother answered for her. The lady shifted her focus on Apple, "Did you break the nice lady's stuff?" She asked.

Apple glanced at Dominic and he nodded at her. She then shook her head yes, "Sorry." She looks at Skailar's mother and say.

"It's okay, Apple." Skailar's mother smiled and says. "Is that why you got that tattoo, Dominic?" She added, pointing at the apple tattoo under his eye. He nodded in response.

"I've been trying to keep Skailar from getting one, I swear." She said, receiving a laugh from everyone but Skailar. Skailar scrunched up her face. "You even got one, though." She argued.

"Yeah but it's different," Her mother says.

"And how is that?" Skailar asked.

"It just is.. get one when you're eighteen or older and out of the house." Skailar's mom said in finality. Skailar scooted her seat up and took a glance at everyone at the table.