Chapter 2

"Woah, Junghwa! You really didn't have to do this," Ara says as she puts her hands on her hips.

"Hey, I told you I would make it up to you," Junghwa says. "Come on."

Junghwa drags Ara to the ice cream parlour. Ara decides to order a double scoop of strawberry and vanilla ice cream, while Junghwa decides to order a double scoop of chocolate and peppermint. While having their ice cream, Junghwa decides to walk Ara home.

At Ara's house...

"Thanks for the ice cream, and walking me home," Ara thank the cheeky boy with a smile.

"Don't mention it. Well, I gotta go. See you later Ara," Junghwa says, before he walks away and heads home.

Meanwhile, Ara stood in front of her house as she watch the young boy walk away. She let out a giggle at the sight of him.

"Silly, Junghwa," Ara says to herself.

A few hours later...

Ara's POV...

After dinner, I decided to continue with my homeworks. Just then, I hear my phone buzzing. I pick up the phone to see that it was Junghwa.

"Hello!"

"Hey, Cupid! Are you done with your homework?" Junghwa ask through the phone.

"Almost. And you?" I ask him with a sassy tone.

"Yup, thanks to a long hair ulzzang who brought back my learning mood," Junghwa says, making me question his statement in my mind.

"Long hair ulzzang?" I ask.

"Kim Hana, your hot cousin! I just texted her and she replied!" Junghwa says in a happy tone.

"Really? That's great," I say.

"Yeah. She light up my mood to finish the homeworks," Junghwa says, before bursting out into a laugh. "I swear, I would have chosen to get detention if it wasn't for her."

I roll my eyes at his childish statement. "Whatever. So what did she say?"

"I told her that we could hangout sometimes. Guess what? She actually agreed," Junghwa says.

"Woah, that's good. Lucky you," I say, feeling happy that my best friend is starting to get closer with his crush.

"Yeah. Man, I have to start planning the perfect date," Junghwa says. "Well, I gotta go clean up. Bye, Ara!"

"Yeah, bye!" I say before I hang up the phone.

Hearing that Junghwa will be planning a date with Hana soon makes me feel happy. Hopefully things will turn out good for the two.

Speaking of Junghwa, the thought about today's lesson surface in my head after hearing his voice. Glad to say that after an hour of hearing him nag like an angry ahjumma, my skills actually got better at the end of the lesson.

Flashback...

"The simple key to play the piano is to memorise the melody from within," Junghwa explains to me as he tries to sound like a professional tutor.

"But how will that help me memorise it?" I ask him with confusion. Memorise the melody from within? This guy sounds like one of those romantic guys from teen drama movies.

"I'll show you exactly what I meant," he answers me.

Junghwa then begins to play the piano. He keeps playing the piano with his eyes close, yet from his face, I could tell that he was feeling the melody from his heart. Maybe this was what he's trying to show me? One thing..the way he plays the music from the piano is beautiful. I could actually listen to him play all day. As he keeps playing, I just kept on staring while listening. He eventually stops playing, making me go back to reality. He looks at me but this time with a smirk, in which I look away out of embarrassment.