6. I Smell Like Beef

Here's a bonus chapter from Emalee's prospective!

Emalee didn't sleep nearly as well as she said she would. She tossed and turned, staring at the ceiling and back at her phone. Overwhelming worry surged over her for Marley's safety. That's why she'd sent the text to her best friend. Eventually, she just got up and paced across the room, tapping her phone against her hand. Was Marley still okay? She had to be. Those shady guys weren't strangling her in her sleep. They weren't shoving a pillow down on her face, or squeezing down on her throat so hard she couldn't make a sound, or stabbing her in the lungs so she couldn't scream.

Right?

Finally, Emalee sat back down on her bed. She checked her phone. 10:48 pm. She swung her legs up and lay down, trying to relax and calm her paranoia. 

Bzzt.

The noise made her jump, a scream hovering in her throat. It was only her twin sister, Eileen. Thank God.

TheOtherOne: Still awake, huh?

TheFirstOne: How did you know?

TheOtherOne: How did I not know? 🤔🤔🤔

TheFirstOne: Whatever loser

TheOtherOne: You're the loser

TheFirstOne: False

TheOtherOne: FACT

TheFirstOne: Bears eat beets

TheOtherOne: Bears

TheFirstOne: Beets

TheOtherOne: Battlestar Galactica

TheFirstOne: 😂 thx sis

TheOtherOne: Np Em now gO TO SLEEP

TheFirstOne: Don't think I can

TheOtherOne: Ooooo, the guard dog senses danger, must protecc master

TheFirstOne: Stfu, asshole

TheOtherOne: 🍆 suck it, slut

TheFirstOne: Shove it up your dry flabby pussy, thirsty bitch

TheOtherOne: In your dreams 😜

TheFirstOne: Whatever, I'm going to bed

TheOtherOne: You're just as thirsty as me, aren't you?!?!??!?! HAHAAAA I CAN TEEELLLL

TheFirstOne: STFU

TheOtherOne: Is s/he hot???? SEND PIIIICS 

TheOtherOne: Em?

TheOtherOne: EMALEEEEEEE SISTUUUUUUUURrRrrrRrrrRr

TheOtherOne: Don't ignooooooore meeeeee

TheOtherOne: Or you fell asleep

TheOtherOne: Yeah, probably that

TheOtherOne: Sleep well sis ily

Emalee hadn't fallen asleep. She was just thinking about Sam now. 

At least her dreams were nice. Well, if they were, she didn't remember a thing.

She sat up and stretched, her bones popping back into place. Reaching up, she took out her hair, shaking it in long, rippling waves. Slowly, she began to stretch like a professional. Her body moved itself through the motions fluidly, folding in half, unfolding, then collapsing again.

By the time Emalee finished, all the sleepiness had left her. She didn't even bother with changing her clothes. After all, she looked perfectly sexy in her short shorts and big t-shirt that hung off her shoulder. 

Tap tap tap.

Marley's door opened with a small squeak. Emalee slipped inside and sat on her bed.

"How'd you sleep?"

"Pretty well, considering. You?"

"Not too well."

"Since when did you ever sleep well?"

"Good point." They sat in a comfortable silence. "We should probably go."

"Yeah," Marley said around a big yawn. She stood, stretched with her hands brushing the ceiling, and walked out into the hallway. Emalee slid her glasses onto her face and followed Marley out.

"Alcohol, this early in the morning?" Marley asked skeptically, watching as Dean tipped back a brown bottle.

"Hell yeah. It's like coffee, gets you going in the morning," he joked with a smirk. 

"I'm down," Emalee said, hopping up onto the table and stealing the bottle from Dean's hands. She threw him a wink before throwing it back. "So, what're we in for boys?"

"Good question. Sammy?" Sam came in the main room from another door.

"I've got a Leviathan in here, trying to work some information out of him." 

"Oooh, right, forgot about that," Dean said. "You wanna handle that while I look for a case?"

"Whatever, Dean." Sam returned to the room and Dean rolled his eyes to the ceiling.

"So much angst you'd think he's a teenager," he grumbled, snatching the bottle back from Emalee and taking another drink. Ignoring the girls, he stood and headed for the kitchen, picking a newspaper up off the counter. 

"What are we looking for?"

"Well, you should know some of the signs, being..." Dean let his sentence trail off, Emalee staring him in the eye. She coughed and leaned closer, flipping open the newspaper.

"Then let's get looking." After a minute, Emalee snapped her fingers loudly and a troublemaker's smile sprawled across her face. Marley jumped.

"I have the perfect thing in mind."

Boom, another 666-word chapter! I introduced the Emalee/Eileen relationship, which makes me very happy XD I love writing their scenes, even if it is just over text. Drop a vote if you enjoyed, and feel free to comment whatever the hell you want, I don't really care.

~ Love, Kals