Chapter 41: We Win

ZENDAYA

"Hi baby boy"  I kissed Zander forehead while he looked at me with a smile on his face. "I've missed you so much" I wiped my tears that were falling "we both did" I looked over to Chris in the hospital bed watching his chest fall up and down as he breathed through the oxygen machine while he slept.

Hearing the door open I looked up and it was Aaron, my dad and Chris mom. "Anything yet? How is he?" His mom asked walking to his bed side and running her hands through his growing hair.

"He hasn't opened his eyes yet. It's been three days since I've been able to look into his eyes" I looked down at Zander and smiled to keep from crying.

"I wish we could've got here sooner" Aaron hugged me and went to pick up Zander but I wouldn't let go "Z, it's me. I'm not gonna hurt him" Aaron said

"She just got him back you have to understand she's still traumatized" my dad said

"No. I'm sorry Aaron it's fine" I loosened my grip on Zander so Aaron could pick him up.

"There's some people in the hallway for you" my dad gave me a small smile.

"I really don't wanna see anyone"

"I think you need this" Aaron said. I sighed and stood up out the chair and walked out the room but I didn't see any familiar faces.

"Looking for us??" I turned around and instantly broke down at the sight of my friends. There stood Luke, Jelly, Jameer and Rebel.

"Come on lil bit don't just stand there" Luke said I gave him a small smile and ran into his arms before everyone else made it a group hug.

"Hey baby girl" Luke cooed in my ear "how you holding up??"

I broke up the group hug and looked around at everyone. "If he doesn't wake up I think I might literally die. I love him" I cleaned my face "come on don't give me those pity looks" I chuckled

"Melo is here too btw" Jameer said

"Where? I owe him the biggest thank you" I looked around

"You know he's made you cry more than anyone but you know he hates to see you cry so he didn't come in here. He was in the car"

"I'll be back" I walked out the hospital searching for Melo after about three mins I found him sitting on a staircase. He smiled when he looked up and seen me standing in front of him.

 He smiled when he looked up and seen me standing in front of him

"Hi" I sat down next to him

"Hi yourself" he smiled

"Melo I just wanna say-"

"Don't even thank me. Had you not felt like you could vent to me still and sit down and have that conversation with me I would've never been able to piece that together for you. I love you Z"