Chapter 1 : New hometown

I just transferred to a new neighbourhood with my parents and my brother. My dad was the one who stepped out of the car first. He went to unload our baggages. Suddenly we heard someone scream.

"Hey! What's up?". He showed dubble pistols with his hand.

I looked at him weirdly. My parents and brother did too. His parents walked out of the door. When they saw us, they came and greeted us.

"You guys must be the new neighbours" His father said. "My name is Harly and this is my wife, Nancy. This is my daughter, Jessica and that guy over there is my son, James"

My father introduce us right after "Nice too meet you" they shake hands. "I'm David. This is my wife, Dina and this is our kids, Scarlet and Sean"

"Come on we can help! Looks like you've got a lot of thing to unpack" My dad didn't really want to bother them but they insisted. In my opinion, James was the one who was most excited about it.

As soon as we were done, Mr. Harly invited us in their home. Mrs Harly and my mom went to kitchen while my dad and Mr Harly were having a light conversation. I sat there looking around and taking glancess at sean, who also looked at me. He look like he was about to say something.

"Psst.. Look over there" I looked at where he pointed.

James was creepyly lookin' at me. I panic for a while then he smile. 'What is with this guy?' I thought.

"Hi! I'm James" He said.

"I know" I raised my brows looking at him. He stop for a while and realize he just introduce himself again.

"Aha-umm. Right. You already know" He blushes. I smiled. "How are you?"

"I'm good" I answered. To be honest he look like he didn't know what he was saying. I guess he just wanted to talk. "So James, how old are you?"

"I'm 22 years old. You?"

"I'm 20 years old." I smiled then I was shoved a little due to my brothers head. Suddenly getting in the way.

"I'm 20 too." He smiled like he was forced too. James was taken aback at my brother sudden move.

" Get your big head out of my way." I glared at Sean.

"why? You need alone time with James?" He made a weird face.

"No! But I bet you would."

"Eww. I'm not gay." He cringes.

"You guys are twins?" James ask.

"Yeah. We are" Sean answered cockily. James nods.

••••••••••••••••••••••

I was still siting in the living room looking at phone. My father went to work. Mom is with Mrs Harly talking about, who knows what. Sean is in his room playing games as usual. I sigh. I'm bored. I don't know what to do. Maybe I should go outside. That doesnt seem like a bad idea.

Walking outside, I tak deep breaths and look around. The neighbourhood look nice.

"Hey Scarlet!" I heard James yell.

I look at him. He is on the tree house. 'hmm'.

"Hey!" I waved at him.

"You wanna come in? I mean up?"

"sure!" I accept.

When I arrived, I looked at the stairs hanging. On the last step, James help me up. I brush myself off and scan the tree house. It was a little mess but nice. There was a brown sofa, some comics, books, a guitar and some empty cans.

"You come here often, dont you?"

James places his hand around his hips. "uh-yeah. Yeah I do. Too obvious?" He laughs.

I nod. "So, when I first came here, I heard you fall from this tree house. What was that about?"

"oh, uh-I uhm fotgot to tie my shoe laces." He said awkwardly.

"Really? You were wearing sandals." I raise my brow, leaning in. "warent you?"

"Aha.. Right.. I mean rope. I was going down but forgot that one of the stairs are broken. Haha." He looks around.

There was an awkward silence. I tried to losen the awkwardness a little.

"So James, what do you normally do?"

"I came here when im alone."

I nod and sit on the couch. Its pretty soft. James sit by me.

" You can look to those books if you want" James.pointed to books beside me. I picked up book and read it.

______________Fruits Sweet_______________

Hello guys! Welcome back to my third story. Sorry for not updating my first Story tittled 'The best part'. I'm too busy for my school project. So, dont forget to share and vote my story..