Chapter 6: Sibling Secrets

A/N: Here's chapter 6! :D Hope you guys enjoy ;) Sorry if it's so short... and it might be confusing :/ All will be revealed! Promise <3

Chapter 6: Sibling Secrets

   I cut right to the chase, my voice unsteady. "You...you're a Sinclair?" I pointed at Kira. Everything fit. Her backstory had revealed it all. Her mysterious tattoo... the 'S' stood for 'Sinclair'.

   Gavin laughed at me. "Well, of course, she is. Kira Sinclair, this is Antoinette Drake."

   "No freakin' duh, Gavin. You told me she was Robert's niece the other day." The vamp came closer, and I backed up. Gavin swiftly grabbed my wrist, stopping my escape in its tracks.

   "I can't really see the resemblance, though," Kira admitted, then looked right at me. "Brother, she looks terrified."

   I gnashed my teeth together in slight irritation, and pulled uselessly at Gavin's strong grip. "No... shit... "

   "Why were you looking for me?" she asked, her eyes narrow. "Why, hunter?"

   "Please... call me 'Toni'," I barely got out, my breathing short and hard, like I'd been running.

   Close enough.

   Kira didn't smile, but she nodded. "Why, Toni?"

   "It's against the law to kill innocent people for no reason, that's why," I attempted to explain with a confident voice. "You can't just murder people."

   "Why not?"

   "It's wrong," I reasoned, my voice softening. Kira gave me a strange look. "Wrong? So, the people I killed were completely innocent?"

   "I wouldn't say-"

   "This is a new city for me," Kira pursed her lips at me. "I don't know your rules, and I don't understand them."

   "That's why your brother needs to teach you better manners," I emphasized.

   Gavin gave me a small, fanged smile. "Kira isn't a newborn."

   "I understand, but that's not the point."

   Since she was as old as Gavin himself, she must've been hundreds of years old. Hundreds of years not knowing about Henri. She was leading a lie, and she had absolutely no idea. Henri believed his sister was long dead, but she was right in front of me, beautiful and deadly. The perfect vampire, I guess.

   I shook my head. "How did your parents and brother die?"

   Kira's face hardened instantly, and she hissed at me. "I already told you, hunter. A fire. Our house was set on fire."

   "On purpose?" I asked.

   "No one knows," Gavin answered for his sister.

   I bit my lip. "You don't know who caused it. Did your parents have any enemies that you knew about?"

   "Why are you so interested in our family all of the sudden?" Kira snapped, her black eyes flashing to red for a few seconds in anger.

   "I just-"

   Maybe Henri would tell me about the Sinclair family. Then again, his sister was already a touchy subject as it was. Asking about the day his home had been destroyed and his family allegedly burned alive might be bad.

   Okay, more than just bad.

   Kira stared at me, into me, her blood red lips pressed tightly together. Tears never fell, but she looked as if she was dangerously close to crying. Was she mad at Gavin for turning her, or did she embrace the life of a vampire?