Chapter 9

"Build walls and secret corners. Crying out in solitude. Storms come in without warning. Trying to black out my view." - Ilse DeLange

--xxxxxx--

Christina was lying on the floor of the cave with blood running out from her body. The cave was dark and cold, as it always was. There was a flicker of light as Belial paced back and forth outside the cage she was in. He turned to smile at her occasionally as she felt the sting of another cut appearing on her body. 'Christina, they're coming.' He said cheerfully.

'Who's coming?' Christina whispered back.

'Your sisters.' His grin widened and he clasped his hands in front of his body. 'They think they can save you.'

'They will.' Christina said certainly.

'No, no one can save you. You're always going to be mine.' He growled.

'You're wrong.' Christina winced as a long scrape formed on the inside of her forearm.

'I'm never wrong. And now you get to watch them all die.' He said just as Katherine walked into the cave. He sent out a blast of power and it went right through her, leaving a gaping bloody hole in her chest. Christina screamed and watched as Katherine fell to the ground. Amy walked in next, but just as Belial was about to kill her, Christina felt something else. She was being shaken.......

......Awake. She opened her eyes and looked up at Amy. They were in her room and it was dark. She was sweating. 'Aimes?' She said groggily.

'You're okay.' Amy assured her. Christina pushed herself up and scraped the hair from her face. 'You had a nightmare.'

'Tell me about it.' Christina laughed.

'You were scared.' Amy said. 'Really scared.' Christina lifted her eyes to meet her sisters and felt a pang of guilt when she saw the pained look in them.

'Yeah, I was scared.' Christina admitted. 'Belial had just killed Katherine right in front of me. He was about to kill you too.'

'We're fine.' Amy assured her. She crossed her legs on the bed and took Christina's hands. Amy thought for a moment before carrying on. 'You need to talk to someone, anyone, Christina. It doesn't have to be me but you can't keep brushing these things aside. You've got some trauma and your brain is telling you that you need to deal with it.' 

'I know.' Christina smiled.

'What? You're not going to argue with me?' Amy asked.

'Nothing to argue about Aimes, you're right.' Christina said. 'And I do want to talk about it with you, but maybe not when we're in the middle of something like this okay?'

'You'll talk to me when this is over?' 

'Yeah.' Christina promised. Amy smiled and pulled her into a hug. 

'Want to try and go back to sleep?' Amy asked.

'Will you stay with me?' Christina requested.

'Of course.' Amy smiled and crawled into the bed. After a moment she heard Christina's breathing even out and was able to relax herself, falling into a deep sleep.

xxxxxx

They were driving across town to the warehouse Denzi said Lex would be. Christina had actually managed to get a better nights sleep with Amy by her side and it showed in her mood. Amy was just finally glad Christina was letting her help. 'We're looking for a place that used to fix watches?' Dani asked, looking out of the window.