Part 3

Grisha was shocked by how easy it was to get Eren to school the next day. When he went to make sure Eren was up, he found his son fully dressed and packing his bag. "I take it you're liking this school then?" He asked raising an eyebrow. Eren just shrugged and headed downstairs for breakfast, Grisha following close him behind. Eren began pouring himself a bowl of cereal. "I actually wanted to tell you something," Grisha said sitting down at the table. Eren continued with his cereal as if nothing was said. "You remember Diana and Zeke right?" Eren gave him a look as he sat down at the table and began eating. "Well, they're going to come over this afternoon. I thought it might be nice for you to see your brother." Grisha said with a smile. Eren shook his head "I'm going to see a friend after school today."

 Grisha crossed his arms "As glad as I am to hear you've made a friend, I think it'd be good for you to see your brother. Besides, I don't remember you asking permission to go see anyone today." Eren shrugged "You didn't ask if I wanted to see Zeke." The school bus honked from outside as Grisha shot him a slightly frustrated look, "You'll come straight home after school today, understand?" Eren stood up and swung his bag onto his back, "Nope." he stated before running out the door.

~~~~~~~~

Armin was usually one of the hardest people to try and get out of bed in the morning. Today however, his grandfather didn't even have to try. He had gotten up as usual, slipped on his slippers and dressing gown and went to make his way down the hall to try and wake his grandson. He didn't even make it to his door before it opened and a sleepy looking Armin shuffled out. Grandpa Arlert looked at him, slightly shocked "You're up already?" Armin looked over at him, blinking a few times before mumbling something along the lines of "Good morning." and heading toward the bathroom. 

Fifteen minutes later, Armin sat at the small table on their porch eating his breakfast while his grandfather sipped his coffee beside him. "So you're bringing someone home this afternoon?" Armin nodded "It's ok right? He just moved here and hasn't been to the beach yet." His grandfather gave him a soft smile "Of course, you're always welcome to bring friends here." He said, proud that Armin may have made a friend. He wanted to encourage him as much as possible. Armin smiled back at him "Thanks Grandpa." 

For the first time since he was little, when Armin caught the bus that morning, he had someone to sit with. Eren gave him a small wave as he sat down beside him. "How was you're night?" Eren asked as Armin placed his bag down by his feet, "It was good. My Grandpa said it's ok for you to come over." He said smiling at him. Eren smiled back, "Great, I can't wait."  They didn't talk too much during the ride, mainly just about one of the classes they had that day.

When the bus pulled up to the school gate, the pair took their time getting up and grabbing their things. Armin found he didn't feel as anxious walking to class today, knowing he wasn't alone was comforting. He didn't feel like Eren was going to turn on him anymore. Despite not knowing him very well, he didn't think Eren was the type to bully. From what he had said yesterday in the classroom, it sounded like he had problems with making friends as well but seemed to want to hang around Armin. It seemed like he genuinely wanted to be Armin's friend. The thought made Armin smile, he was still going to be careful around him but it made him incredibly happy.

A familiar voice cut through Armin's thoughts as they made their way through the hall and made his stomach drop. "Would you look at that, the new kid didn't get the message." He looked up to see the same three boys approaching them. The leader still sporting a bruised jaw from where Eren had hit him. Eren glared from Armin's side, pushing his shoulders back as if getting ready to fight again. The boys stopped right in front of them, "Still hanging around the freak, huh?" The leader said stepping right into Eren's personal space.