What If

The cup of coffee tightly enclosed in her hands gave warmth to her whole shivering body. She really regretted sleeping on the couch, just to watch over her. But seeing the girl's slow breathing made her more relaxed, resulting to her, ironically, pleasant sleep. Coffee did help to relieve her sore muscles, but it also made her anxious and fidgety.

Her train of thoughts were cut by a sound of the sliding door being forced open, even though it was obviously closed. Sowon can be dumb sometimes huh? Sinb shook her head, but there was a fond smile on her face. She just waited for the taller girl to figure the sliding door, she was dumb, but Sinb didn't think she's THAT dumb.

After a few second, the sliding door opened. Sinb rolled her eyes.

"That took longer than I expected." She whispered, still facing the glamorous view of the beach and not once looking at the girl just right behind her.

At the exclaim, Sowon rolled her eyes, but chuckled afterwards. "Well it wasn't my fault that the door has a lock that needs to be pushed twice just to unlock, like, who does that?" she said with anger laced to it. And it was soon silent, just silence, and the only thing that can be heard was the calm ocean waves hitting the shore.

Sowon went beside Sinb and placed her arms on top of the wooden handrail, and just like Sinb, looked at the ocean waves.

"Hi," the greeting pierced the silence, but no one dared to look at each other, no one.

"Hi," the blondie greeted back. Then there was silence, again, as always. This always happen to the both of them, whenever they're left alone, together.

Sowon swiftly looked at Sinb's side profile, and observed the beauty beside her.

"Are we okay?" the sudden question caught Sinb off guard, who was trying her best not to look back at those piercing eyes observing her. But she faced the older girl nonetheless, wanting to address the question.

"O-of course, Sojung unnie," was the answer Sinb gave, but it made Sowon more anxious, scared even. She leaned closer, to the point where their skin touched. It burned, it burned with this growing fire that they both play with.

It alarmed Sinb, no no no this can't be happening, she thought as she slowly back away, but with every step she takes, Sowon leaned more, until her back reached the corner of the rail.

The breeze blew both of their hair. It was cold, but the burning sensation haven't left their skins. 

Sowon looked at the scared orbs that was staring at her in anguish. She searched and searched, getting drowned in them. She searched for the answer she was hoping for, but all she saw was anxiousness and worry. She slowly backed away.

But that can't happen, Sowon thought. She held Sinb's arm and looked once more, but the cold hearted girl looked away, her eyes shut tight. 

Sowon tried to lean in once more, but the smaller girl had the courage to push her back. 

"What...what are you doing unnie?" the rage behind Sinb's sentence definitely shocked the older girl. All this time, did she just assume? All this butterflies, were this just a figment of her imagination.

"I...I thought, I thought, you like me? I know I'm dumb Eunbi, but I can't make things up," tears just started to linger her eyes, her vision becoming blurry and all she can see was the silhouette of the taken aback Sinb. "I know what I feel, and all these stares you give me, they're not for friends," she added, her hand hands flailed frantically, wanting to prove a point.

"All the times you laid a blanket on top of me, whenever I fall asleep somewhere...somewhere else other than the bed, all the times you buy my favorite chocolate and just leave it on my desk. No that just can't be a friendly...friendly thing." With a shaky breath, Sowon managed to breath it all out.

"And this I feel whenever I'm with you, this sudden urge to kiss you, this butterflies I get, it's a feeling you don't get with someone you consider a friend." She said, tears pouring out of her eyes one by one. She walked closer to Sinb, close enough to see her eyes clearly.

"Tell me, am I the only one feeling all of these things?" her voice small and quiet, unlike her usual boisterous voice.

Sinb looked away once again, but a lone tear escaped her eye. 

Sowon held the younger girl's arm and looked down. "Please...please tell me the truth."

"Okay! Okay, I have feelings for you," Sinb finally confessed, earning a teary smile from Sowon. "There! I said it, are you happy now? I told you already, are we done with this talk?" so much for that smile.

"W-what, is that all you have to say? Don't you want us to date? Don't..don't you us to be finall-"We can't Sojung! It's not that easy!" the somber girl shouted.

"What...what if it doesn't go correctly, what if I just hurt you? What if our friends are against us? What if-" her ranting was cut with Sowon's finger on her lips.

The blonde leaned closer, this time with a smile.

"What if it goes smoothly?"

"What if you make me happy?"

"What if they support us?"

"What if, with every 'what if' that you say, every question goes unanswered?" She held Sinb's cold hands with hers, and smiled.

"You won't know everything until you seek the answers yourself Sinb-yah. Everything might have the bad sides in it, but you won't get to see the good sides if you don't try it. So with that said," she added, a beautiful smile on her beautiful face.

"Will you help me answer all the what ifs and questions that we have? Together?" Sowon carefully asked, holding out her pinky finger. Sinb smiled too, breathing out a sigh of relief. She wiped her stray tears away and enveloped her pink with Sowon's.

"Yes. Together."

Damn. As you guys can see, this is the part 2 offfffff the other story AHSDHASHDHSAH ghad i don't know english anymore