1

NEW BOOK, after so long, WOWIE! Thanks so much for reading the first book, if you haven't it's An Otherworldly Experience and will provide so much context. This story may seem a little more rushed, mostly because I don't really want to describe her having a job so I'll be picking and choosing moments to write about over several decades. I'll try and keep them in order according to the timeline, but alas, I am dumb.

No but in the past couple years where I didn't really update, I got a new laptop, a new phone and forgot about Wattpad. I also went to uni, got myself a business certificate, and then went to law school and dropped out because I have ADHD (I reread some of these stories I had in my drafts and I'm like... wow I'm in my 20s and I didn't know). I then got into watching Twitch, got myself a pc, started streaming and then remembered I had Wattpad and now I am back! Just a short life update.

DISCLAIMER: this is just fanfiction and I'm not making a profit. Also, JK as a person sucks and if you don't agree with that statement and wanna make a comment about it..... don't 💜 move on, read something else, I'm not forcing you to be here, don't force yourself.

And thus, we begin with the second book.

~

Kelli took a deep breath. The last full day of being at Hogwarts had come. There were quite a few stresses for her. There was a chance that she was going to end up going to her own time. It seemed unlikely, but it was extremely unlikely for her to have ever been here once upon a time. And then there was the fact that she wouldn't be welcome back to the orphanage now that she wasn't at school.

Besides that, there was the topic of accommodation she hadn't truly been able to sort out. The orphanage would not accept her back on the premises, she was sure. Her room was probably already gone. Elizabeth had offered a room in their house, until Kelli could get on her feet. But Kelli, overall, didn't want to stay long.

The economy wasn't bad and it was a simpler time to get a home. She remembered the terrible economy and how having a great income and no desire to spend anything was the only way to own a home.

Kelli hadn't packed her desk area yet, which was scattered with parchment that were offers of jobs or interviews. It looked disorganised at a glance, but she had read all of them and had a reject pile and two more piles of worth contemplating. The reject pile wasn't very large. One of the worth contemplating piles had mentioned being apart of the Slug Club and that Slughorn had said wonderful things of her. The other pile had no mention of anything Slughorn related, though it was the smallest of the piles and on top was the one she wanted the most.

It was a offer a paying internship in the Department of International Magical Cooperation under the Head, Julien Westerly. With all her readings, she knew quite a bit of the department and it was one of the few jobs she had applied for herself.

"Guys wanna head down for breakfast?" Lauren offered, not that Kelli noticed. She was still thinking about what was going to do. If she didn't get her first choice, what was her second choice, her third, fourth? And then there was the possibility of going home. What the heck was she going to do then? She knew very little of the muggle world, and nothing of the future muggle world.

"Yeah," Elizabeth replied, yawning. "Kelli?"

"Mm?" Kelli responded noncommitally, still on another topic in her head.

"She's gone," Lauren commented.

Kelli was pulled out of her head when they both loudly clapped in front of her face. She flinched and jumped back a little.

"What?" she asked.

"Breakfast," they both replied, both of them sounded amused.

"Oh. Right. Yes, absolutely. I'd kill for some breakfast," Kelli replied. She had been waiting for them initially, before her mind wandered, but she was pretty hungry.