Prologue

A sharp stab of pain filled the girl's whole body. She tightly clenched the sheets of the hospital bed and screamed. The IV line began to fill with the red color of her own blood and a strange liquid began to flow in to her veins.

The monitors connected to her heart began to beep and she felt her head get dizzy. She withered in pain, no one even rushed to her dark room at the end of the hall. She began to scream louder, hoping someone would hear her. Her veins began to burn and expand in her arm, she wanted to rip the IV out.

She heard the old hospital door creak open and close once more. In her peripheral vision she could see the doctor. When she saw the human her eyes widened and her eyes shifted from a dark brown to a light green color, she felt a hunger in the pit of her stomach she couldn't describe.

"Doctor Kwon- pl-please help.. it burns, it hurts... my-"

The girl screamed as the doctor injected another, what she assumed was an antibiotic into the IV tube. The liquid instantly filled her veins and the doctor stopped the IV flow.

"Hush now, it's only temporary. It's a common side effect of the surgery. Don't need you waking the whole hospital."

"Y-you said it'd be a simple surgery, fast recovery, al-almost painless."

"I never said all people are the same. Now hush, it'll only last a week at the most."

"A week?!"

The girl's anger grew as she writhed in agony and he just stared at her. Staring at the doctor only made the hunger in her stomach grow more. She clutched the bed sheets tightly as the doctor leaned closer to her.

"Sleep well kid."

The girl's vision went black as her head fell harshly into the pillow.