Chapter 3

Stephanie is my aunt, my dad's sister. I can tell her anything, mostly because she's nothing like my mom or my dad. Stephanie is tall, about three and a half more inches than me, pale, has black hair and blue eyes. She's the kind of person who will be real with you and wouldn't take any crap. But I liked her and she liked me because I didn't have any crap to give her. She is like my best friend, other than Jake, who is everything to me. Stephanie is the older sibling to my dad, but she didn't want apart of any of the money my grandparents got before they died, kind of how I don't want anything to do with my parents or the money they have, me, I like to work for my things, because it means so much more then . Stephanie's the cool aunt who let's me occasionally have a beer when it's just her and I, but I never see her because she lives in Ohio, and me in Maine.. I don't like breaking the rules with people I wouldn't trust, the only two I could, though, would be Jake or Stephanie.

"Hay purty girl! I thought that I heard you!" She says to me in he accident she's picked up from living in the country, where Jake and I plan to move. She walks in to my room, leaving the door open, but I don't mind. I get up from he piano bench and she hugs me. She smells of sweet pea and vanilla. She let's go and slides her hands up, leaving them on my shoulders, and shakes me a little."I can't believe your seventeen, almost eighteen! You make me feel old." Right when she said eighteen, I thought of Jake. I haven't been keeping track of the days and I'll be eighteen in a month. A month!

"Pfft..." I say as I walk over to my bed. I throw my backpack off onto my floor and sit down. She climbs up with me and crosses her legs. I know she's ready for serious talking, not the kind about seriousness, but I mean a lot of talking about everything. I jump up and run to my door to close it.

"Are you still going out with Jake?" She asks me leaning closer then brushing her flat ironed black hair out of her face. Then she leans back and whispers, "are you having sex?" Not really surprised by what I heard, but still shocked that we started our conversation with this, my face only barely got red.

"No, dad doesn't even like Jake, I know he's too proper to do anything, but I don't want to risk him finding out if we did." I said quickly. I turned away then swung my head back flipping my hair perfectly.

"We'll okay, just making sure that if you were you were being safe, don't want you ending up like those other teens who aren't careful." She told me awkwardly. I sat there with my lips tightly pressed together like I do when I'm uncomfortable. She knew this look and stopped the conversation."well, I'll let you play, just wanted to stop by your room, I'll be staying until your birthday, speaking of birthday..." She said pausing."what do you want?"she asked me getting off my bed. I ran my fingers through my hair, thinking about what I could possibly want. Then I had an idea.

"How about a tent?" I asked standing too.

"A tent? Okay... Whatever you want. Are you gonna go campin?" She asked placing her hands on her hips.

"Yeah, I want to the day after my birthday." I said thinking that, once I'm eighteen, there's nothing dad can do to stop me from showing Jake I love him. I'd have to talk to Jake about it because we've only discussed the sex issue twice, but his time, I'll say yes. "Yeah, I think I'll get back to playing." I said then smiled faintly, a little awkward. She exited the room and I ran to my piano. I opened the bench compartment and pulled out a notepad and pen. I started making a list of things to talk about and decided the date. I then wrote what time I'll leave my house tonight and what time I'll have to head back at. I shoved the pen back into the bench, ripped out the paper, and put the note book back. I shut the lid and went out to the living room.