Chapter One

Arc 1.

Xu Ziyue opened his eyes and noticed that this ‘Love-Attack!’ game had a rather generic main page – there was an interface for saving and loading game files, as well as another for selecting new story chapters.

It’s just that the buttons for saving and loading game files were greyed out – the hand that Xu Ziyue had placed on them had no effect. The button to exit the game was also greyed out. Only the ‘Select Game’ button seemed to work.

However, this was inevitable because Xu Ziyue could no longer leave the game; when he had bound to this gaming system in his spiritual body, his physical body had died.

Of course, this was because Xu Ziyue had died in a car accident – the kind where even if an ambulance had arrived, he would still have died. And so, he had finally agreed to bind with the Love-Attack! gaming system that had been entangling him for more than two years already.

He had then entered into this illusory space, which was also the main menu of the Love-Attack! game.

The system began to dutifully explain the rules. “The number of players in each game is not set, but the number of targets available is set, so Host must grasp all opportunities and not let go of your target!”

Xu Ziyue absentmindedly poked the greyed out ‘Exit Game’ button and replied, “Whether I let them go or not is entirely dependant on their appearance. Are your game targets handsome?”

“Of course! We’ve consulted and integrated many data packages for the target NPCs’ images, drawing only upon what is most popular. So, as for their appearances, Player, please feel rest assured!”

At this, Xu Ziyue finally gained some interest but he still didn’t know if the system’s words were trustworthy.

In the end, the final evaluation has to be given by Xu Ziyue himself. Even if the system equated the targets to beautiful flowers at this moment, Xu Ziyue would still remain a bit skeptical.

“Has the Player adjusted your mindset and mentally prepared to enter into the game?”

Xu Ziyue took a few deep breaths, banished the scene of the car accident from of his mind, cursed the taxi driver who had been driving drunk, and finally felt his heart feel a bit better.

“Okay, let’s start the game.” Let him see how good-looking these supposed ‘ultra-good-looking’ game targets really were! Xu Ziyue didn’t set his standards too high – if the other was a man, then they should at least be on the level of his high school basketball team’s school prince. If it’s a woman, then at least as pretty as that long-haired school idol in the neighbouring district. Only like that would he actually have the interest to chat with and pursue the other.

If the target is good-looking, then even if their temper is a bit bad, he can still bear with it… but in general, for most dating simulation games, every main character should have an attractive, endearing side to them so Xu Ziyue wasn’t too worried.

Even if he failed the game and couldn’t obtain the affections of the most handsome target, then at least he could still admire their beauty! Xu Ziyue half wanted to slap himself for his tendency to focus only on the superficial outer appearance, but his other half was also filled with excitement and desire for what’s to come.

Even though he didn’t fully believe in the system’s promises, his heart was still filled with anticipation.

Ah… could he really experience love in a game with attractive people who have wholesome personalities? Just thinking about it made him very happy heh heh.