Thunder (7)

Sean.

You can't be mad at Kaycee.

It had been two days since Zoi's class. Kaycee hadn't reached out to me via social media at all this time, and neither did I. However, I knew I couldn't put off rehearsals for Blake's new song any more and earlier yesterday I texted on the group chat that I finally "felt better" and was ready to rehearse again. We were meeting today. And I couldn't have been more nervous. I was not only going to face Kaycee, but I had to dance the most intimate dance one could imagine whilst all our misunderstandings were only getting worse. All of this had to somehow take place without us yelling at each other. I had to remind myself to not get mad at her today. In fact, I had to BEG myself to not get mad at her today. I knew she was going to be just as mad as I was, maybe even madder, but I felt like I needed to step up this time. Maybe not for her, but for the rest of the crew.

"You ready to go?" Mom knocked on my door.

"Yeah."

-xxxx-

It was a nightmare. Tessandra kept saying we barely had any connection, but I thought we had no connection at all. I tried my very best to stay composed with Kaycee while she refused to look me in the eye and slightly flinched every time I touched her, but I was beginning to lose patience as well. I tried to initiate small talk with her earlier and honestly, I was grateful that she managed to reply in one word answers and wasn't yelling or anything.

"You guys." Tessandra sighed disappointedly. "What's wrong? Sean, have you still not recovered from your flu? Is that why Kaycee doesn't want to be near you?"

I had to stifle a laugh. Tessandra had tried to come up with multiple theories as to why we weren't getting the dance right but this was the funniest one by far.

"Maybe we should try again." I suggested.

"You HAVE tried again! Hell, you guys have tried this over ten times now. It's been much over an hour. What is going on?"

Kaycee and I remained silent.

"Are you guys upset with each other?" Blake asked hesitantly.

We said nothing.

"Guys, we're filming the music video this week. I think we should call it a day today but whatever it is that you two need to solve, I'm gonna need you to do that by the end of this week. I don't care if that means you have to rehearse this 100 times at home in your garage. But you two know the choreography and know exactly the emotions that you need to portray. I expect a lot more from you both." Tessandra said.

Kaycee and I nodded in agreement. She wasn't wrong at all. From a choreographer's perspective, she was absolutely right. I didn't want to let her down and I certainly didn't want to let Blake down. Kaycee and I were being trusted with a pretty big project and it wasn't fair of us to let our personal problems cause issues.

With as much courage as I could possibly have, I walked up to Kaycee and took a deep breath. "Do you want to work on it at my house right now?"

"Piece of advice, guys. The dance isn't going to look any better unless you figure out your problems." Tim said, keeping his volume low. "There's no point in trying to practice this unless you guys squash whatever tension you've got between yourselves."

"There's no tension." Kaycee protested quietly.

Tim shrugged and left us by ourselves to go talk to Tessandra and Blake.

"We can rehearse this at my house or even yours, if you'd like." I offered again.

Kaycee sighed, visibly unwilling to spend any more time with me. For a split second, I swear her eyes filled with tears but before I could confirm, she muttered something about going to the washroom and left.