Ocean Eyes

I've been watching you
For some time
Can't stop staring
At those ocean eyes

16 year old Courtney Taylor walked out of the large school doors only to see it raining cats and dogs in front of her. She sighed and frantically made her way down the sidewalk, regretting that she decided it would be a great idea to walk to school that day. So far her day had been extremely shitty.

She had gotten about a half hour of sleep in which had resulted in her being cranky in the morning. She slept through her first three periods and after telling Mr. Cohen off in 5th period after her addressed her that she was late she was now looking forward to lunch detention for the last 3 days of the school week. She was also assigned 3 new assignments. Not that she couldn't do them it's just that she was beyond tired and wanted a hiatus.

But that's not even the worst part of her day. Nope, not even close. What made her feel like she was drowning every day was coming to school to see her ex boyfriend Duncan Richards all up on the schools new gothic bitch Gwendolyn Kimele.

Burning cities
And napalm skies
Fifteen flares inside those ocean eyes
Your ocean eyes

Ever since Courtney and Duncan split up all she could do was sulk and blame herself for her loss. She cried damn near every night not getting a wink of sleep most times. She didn't eat and barely went out, not even when her two close friends Bridgette and Heather offered to take her out to her favorite places. Her parents were never really home so she spent her days in her room, alone, looking at the wall, tears racing down her face. She was a mess.

No fair
You really know how to make me cry
When you give me those ocean eyes
I'm scared
I've never fallen from quite this high
Falling into your ocean eyes
Those ocean eyes

She was so miserable. Her friends and others would wonder what happened to make her break down and become the most weakest person they've come to know. While her friends knew what was going on others were confused as to why she hadn't gotten over him yet. It has been a year since they broke up. But see that's just the thing, they had no idea.  They didn't know a damn thing that went on in their relationship, and that's what frustrated her.

I've been walking through
A world gone blind
Can't stop thinking of your diamond mind
Careful creature
Made friends with time
He left her lonely with a diamond mind
And those ocean eyes

She finally got home, soaking wet and exhausted. She went straight to the shower and turned the water on. For nearly an hour she stood there, letting the hot water poke painful holes in her back. Her head hung low. All she could do was think. Think about how she fucked up the rest of her life, because she fucked up the rest of their relationship.

She got out, dried off and went in her walk in closet, searching for something in particular. When her hands closed around a shoe box she took it with her and sat on her bed. She opened it up revealing all the pictures and other items that she had collected while her and Duncan were together. She looked at all the pictures and remembered every single one of them and how happy and in love they were. A certain object caught her eye. It glimmered a little in the dim light that shined through her bay window. She picked it up revealing a beautiful gold necklace with two charms hanging from it. One was a sparkling gold skull and the other said D+C with magnificent rhinestones on it. Courtney let out a loud sob and covered her mouth as hot tears fell down her cheeks.

No fair
You really know how to make me cry
When you give me those ocean eyes
I'm scared
I've never fallen from quite this high
Falling into your ocean eyes
Those ocean eyes

What others failed to realize was that Duncan was Courtney's everything. They didn't just love each other, they were in love with each other.He was her first real boyfriend, her first bad decision, her first time, her first love. She loved him with all her heart. But now she realizes that maybe she went a little overboard. That maybe she pushed too far. That his love for her had turned to hate. All because she was jealous of  Gwen. She knew she was getting on his goddamned nerves but she always thought that he knew she was only acting like this out of love.

She wanted him for herself. But as we all know, you can't always get what you want. And with that Duncan had left her life just as fast as he came into it. Heartbreak, it's an interesting word and a terrible feeling. The irony is that the more you try and run from it, the faster it catches up to you. As Courtney sat on her bed, clutching onto the necklace like it was the only thing that would keep her from completely crumbling down, she cried, looking out the window, reminiscing about the very first time she got lost in those ocean teal eyes.

A/N:💔💔Fucking crying rn. Idk why my dumb ass decided to start with a sad story but whatever. Anywayss this is another book I'm starting where I'll be sharing my thoughts and opinions on everything Duncney and total drama. Next chapter will probably be a list of songs that remind me of them, idk yet. By the way the song I used is called Ocean Eyes by Billie Eillish 💜 I'm so in love with this song😍 and who wouldn't see this as a Duncney song???

Till next time my loves❤💛💙