Enter the Tiger's Den

Tenten tapped her earpiece as the static noise came, crackling. She knew she should have tested her hearing device back at Headquarters, but was too engulfed in testing out the latest sniper rifle, developed by the R&D team. Two short hours later and she was called immediately to the field, with the newest military grade, matte metal finish, sniper rifle in hand.

Tenten was part of Konoha, an underground government agency, whose sole purpose was to infiltrate, capture and subdue the worst of the worst. To name a few – war criminals, drug lords, terrorists and black market creators of weapons of mass destruction. Today, her target was Dr Yuu, nicknamed the Eastern Fang, for his pure-blooded eastern heritage and thirst for blood and riches.

The brunette and her team of four was called to an old loading dock off the coast of Okinawa, where Dr Yuu were to meet with black market smugglers for shipment of his latest drug.

It was a quiet evening save for the mild static in her ears and sound of waves crashing against the concrete docks. It was after work hours, and the loading bay was left eerily deserted.

Belly down, she adjusted her rifle, propped on a makeshift stand and peered into the mini lens. She had a complete view over the area as she climbed over the tallest stack of containers. This meant that she had a wider area of coverage, which was important as she was the main marksman in her team. However, it also meant an increase in obstacles due to the uneven stacks of abandoned containers and disorganized layout of the area. But Tenten had been through much challenging conditions and still came out will a 100% success rate.

Her three colleagues, all wearing white masks, were strategically hidden throughout the area. Kiba, with his loyal canine, Akamaru, was ordered to sniff the containers, for any unusual scents. Neji, beautiful yet stoic, was on lookout duty. Lee, jovial yet uncharacteristically opting for a black jumpsuit today, placed hearing bugs around the area to amp their targets conversations so it may reach their own hearing devices.

"Sigh-g c-fmed-," her earpiece sizzled, sputtering out incomplete words. "Appro... east." She tapped the earpiece harder this time.

"What?" she asked.

"Sighting confirmed. Blue sportscar approaching east. Five minutes away." This time Neji's baritone voice was crystal. "Lee, what's your status?"

"Installations complete," Lee stated. Tenten saw through the lens, her bowl-cut colleague scale up a crane and settled behind the controller, blending in with the darkness.

"Kiba?" Neji called out.

"Nothing out of the ordinary so far," Kiba called in. His fingers running through Akamaru's thick fur.

"Hn... Radio in only when absolutely needed and stay hidden," Neji instructed. "Tenten."

"Yes"

"At my signal, shoot to kill."

---------------------

The blue sportscar, pulled up near the edge of the concrete dock, where it was well-lit. Dr Yuu, bald and obese, squeezed out of the 2-door sportscar with a grunt. In hand, was a chrome briefcase. He lighted an equally plump cigar and puffed into the cool air.

Ten minutes later, he was met with five steroid-loving bodyguards and a scrawny middle-aged caucasian man.

"Ricky, my you've lost weight." Dr Yuu said, adjusting his ring on a pudgy finger. "I see now that the rumours are true."