4

"Krrrrrrrrrrrrrring!"

The doorbell rang.

"Coming!" Vennael emerged from the kitchen to open the door.

"That's strange, no one's supposed to come tod--" Vennael said to himself as he opened the door, only to be greeted by three familar faces. "Tobii? What brings you three here?"

"We… uhh… have to tell you something, Vennael. Xavoss also needs to hear this." Tobii started.

"Oh, is… that so? Then maybe you should come in first." Vennael said as he ushered the family inside, gesturing them to sit on their sofa. "Though, we're still going to have lunch."

"Wait, lunch?" Yexiel asked, confused. "Isn't it half past one already?"

"Well, Xavoss decided to sleep in today, of all days. He woke up when it was eleven already." Vennael responded, shrugging.

"I can hear you from here, Vennael." Xavoss' voice was heard from the kitchen.

"He's probably still tired from all the interaction he begrudgingly did yesterday." Vennael said with a smirk, to which the three chuckled to.

"Okay Vennael, that is beyond insulting me."

"Hehe, gotta go help him now. You should entertain yourselves with some books Xavoss has collected over the years. We've got a couple hundred spellbooks." Vennael said as he walked to the kitchen to help Xavoss, which made Yexiel excited.

Half an hour has passed, and now the twins are sitting in the living room with the three. Yexiel was still reading from the book he took from the small shelf in the room.

"Okay, I don't want to sound rude, but how did you three get here?" Xavoss asked.

"We… sort of located you here." Tobii replied.

"Located? How?" Xavoss asked again.

"Er… I can follow mana…?" Tobii tried to explain, which only left room for even more questions. Marxus just palmed his face.

"But a fifth of all the people in the world has mana strong enough to be sensed! How did you know it was me?" Xavoss asked, even more confused. He was also wondering how Tobii got this vauge in responses.

"Damn, I'm panicking…" Tobii muttered to himself. He took a few deep breaths, which the twins also noticed as strange. They never saw him this vague when the two were still children, even more see him breath deeply when he's losing clarity.

"You see," Tobii started again after his deep breathing, "it's my skill. I can identify and follow whose mana is which. I decided to remember yours because… it might get handy. Don't get the wrong idea. Anyway, we went here because we have to tell you something." Tobii said.

"You two probably don't know this yet, but we are part of an organization that keeps violent monsters in check, as well as some anomalies. Just us two though. Yexiel didn't know until this morning." The mention of Yexiel's name prompted him to stop reading and listen to what his parents were saying. "So, we got a message earlier this day, from our leader Ornis, requesting that we bring you four to the headquarters. He has noticed you since you ended yesterday's incident, and will probably ask if you want to join our organization. Zaero, unfortunately, declined the offer."

"Little Yexelius here also didn't want to join." Tobii said, patting Yexiel in the shoulder, smiling. "It was a shame, but we respect his decision. He's still going with us, though. We want to show him to our colleagues too"

"So, you two. Er… would you like to join?" Marxus asked.

"I would love too, but Xavoss…" Vennael said, trailing off.