VIII

As soon as we got inside, Elizabeth greeted us. Her face soon turned to horror as she saw Arthur in my arms. "What happened?!" She exclaimed. "Zeldris. He ambushed us." I explained. Elizabeth helped me take the heavy man up the stairs. I laid him on his bed, and Elizabeth came in with bandages and a bucket of hot water.

Time skip•

I sat there watching Arthur as he woke up. It had been two agonizing days before he reopened his eyes. I was so happy to stare into his purple irises. He sat up, clutching his head. "What happened? Erg...my head." He said. Arthur looked around, and then over to me. "Y/N? What happened?"

Arthur's POV

I woke up from what seemed like a dream. Only, the events seemed to be true? Y/N was sitting in a chair next to the bed, and she looked like she could cry. Whoever made my Y/N cry would be slain by my hands. But when I asked her who made her cry, she pulled me into a tight embrace. She was shaking. "Y/N? You're shaking, love." I said. She didn't reply she just held me closer. "Tell me what's wrong Y/N." She looked up at me and said: "You scared me baka! I'm so happy to see you After two whole days if you unconscious!" "Two days?!" I asked her. She nodded. I felt a feeling of guilt and longing toward her. How could I just get hurt and leave her alone to worry? Worrying isn't good for you! God! I'm such an idiot! "Arthur? Now you're spacing off!" Y/N said, giggling to herself. My heart melted and my lips curled into a smile hearing her cute giggles. I pulled her in for another long needed hug. "I'm sorry I left you for two days. I got injured, and I left you to worry." "No, you didn't. I was here by your side, and you were halfway conscious the first day. You held my hand." I held her tighter than before, and started to cry.

Your POV

Arthur started to cry while I was holding him. I had never seen him so emotional before. I felt safe. His arms in mine, mine in his. I loved the feeling, and wanted it to never stop.

Time skip●

Arthur had fell asleep after he cried. I could see why he was exhausted, he only got rest for two days, and had many injuries. I checked on him every hour to see if he was awake. "Soup's on!" I hear ban from downstairs. I was currently working on my mana storing methods. Storing just enough was the trick. At least that was what Merlin kept telling me. "Well that's the dinner bell from ban. You'd better go before Hawk eats your plate." Merlin said. I nodded in agreement, but I knew I'd have to wake up Arthur as I was heading to our room. I went over to his bed. "Arthur? Arthur, It's time to eat." He turned over, eyes open. We stared at eachother for a few seconds. "Soup's on." I whispered to him. He got up out of bed and told me to go on before him. I went downstairs. "Well? How's Arthur?" Meliodas asked. "Yeah, how is Pendragon?" Ban added. "He's fine. He's heading downstairs now." "You checked on him every hour. Did you guys cuddle or something?" "Do you like your scrotum Ban?" He shut up then. God! This man doesn't know when to stop! "Jeez, Y/N, it was just a joke." Ban says in a taunting tone. I smirked and sat down at a table. Maybe I'll do extra dishes to get him to shut up about me and Arthur. Speak of the devil, Arthur came downstairs with a crutch. He limped over and sat next to me. "How do you feel?" I asked him. "My leg's sore, but other than that I feel fine." Arthur said. I nodded in response. "So, Y/N, you still didn't answer my question from a few days ago." Ban started. "Well, you see, I'm mixed." "With what?" "Demon and Arch Angel. My mom was an Arch Angel, and my father was a Demon." After saying that, everyone looked at me with fear. Only four people didn't. Elizabeth, Captain, Merlin, and Arthur. I was happy that some did accept me, but hurt and angry that others were scared. "What? There's nothing to be scared of, I'm still the same person y'know." I explained. It put Ban and Escanor at ease, but not King and Diane. "T-That dosen't mean you won't turn on us at some point!" Diane yelped. "Yeah! You filthy mutt!" King added. I had my head down, boiling mad. "Mutt? Mutt?! Just because I am mixed with two of the most horrible things, dosen't mean you can treat me with less respect from when I got here! I didn't ask to be this way! Hell, I can hardly track where my own parents are! I'm literally the same person who's come to love every single one of you! Why would I hurt any of you, Diane?! I'm not a mutt, and would never hurt you guys! So just drop it already!" I yelled.
Everyone was taken back by my sudden outburst. "But, Y/N," King started angrily. "I SAID DROP IT GODDAMNIT!!" I screamed. I ran out of the tavern into the woods. Ugh! Why does everyone have to assume what I'm going to do?! I'm tired of being this way! I just want to be normal! I punch a tree leaving a deep dent in the trunk. Falling to my knees, I bawled out my eyes.

Arthur's POV

Y/N ran out the door as fast as she could. Great. If only king had dropped it like she wanted, she would've still been here. "Merlin, make me float." Merlin looked at me. "What?" "Make me float." I repeated. "Why are you going after that freak?" King sneered. "Because I love her." I answered coldly. His eyes widened. Yep, I finally said it publicly. I mean it too.