you fill up my senses

Forty-eight miserable hours later, the migraine let go when Peter threw up everything in his stomach

Forty-eight miserable hours later, the migraine let go when Peter threw up everything in his stomach. Tony hadn't slept at all, on constant alert if anything should happen to his son. Steve had dozed off once for a couple of hours, leaning against Tony who was relieved to see him resting. As much as they wanted to squeeze Peter between them to comfort him, they mostly left him alone so he could rest. Only going into his room to give him water, try to coax some food in him, make sure he took his pills, or replace the cold compress that the boy said made it a little better.

It was FRIDAY who alerted them that Peter was throwing up. They ran from the living room to discover that he'd made it to the bathroom by himself, and was knelt in front of the toilet. It was obvious he was in discomfort, tears streaming down his face, and he could barely get a breath in. Steve crouched down next to the boy, cooing and stroking his back comfortingly while Tony dampened a washcloth and got a glass of water ready for the boy.

The vomiting stopped, but he dry heaved for a little while before he sat back, out of breath. Steve gathered him up in his arms while Tony washed his face, smiling softly at his son. "You feeling any better?" he asked, brushing sweaty curls away from his pale forehead.

Peter nodded. "Mhm, head feels better," he mumbled with his eyes closed, "I'm tired."

"You can go back to bed in a minute. Maybe brush your teeth first?" Steve suggested, and the boy nodded again, getting up on his feet with some help. Minding his mouth sores, he brushed away the acidic taste in his mouth before heading back to bed.

"Wanna take a bath when I wake up," Peter yawned as Steve tucked him in, feeling gross, but too tired to do anything about it.

"Sure, Peter Pan," Tony smiled, stroking his hair soothingly.

"Get some sleep," Steve whispered and gave him a kiss on the forehead. The two men walked away from the bed to give their kid enough peace and quiet to sleep.

"We love you," Tony spoke from the doorway, leaning into his husband who had an arm around his waist.

"Love you too," Peter responded, sounding fatigued, yet happy. With the door closed, Tony dropped his head to rest on Steve's shoulder who then moved his hand up to his hair in an attempt to comfort. Tony hummed affirmatively, leaning even more of his weight on him.

If it hadn't been for Tony sighing, straightening himself up and heading for the living room, Steve honestly would've scooped his sleep deprived husband up and carried him to bed. The tugging on his hand prompted him to follow him into the living room where Pepper and Happy were still sitting. Steve let Tony give them an update on how Peter was doing before he announced that they'd be going to bed, which Pepper was very pleased to hear.

They took a shower together; really just holding each other, whispering endearments, assuaging. Maybe they cried a little. Even if they did, there was no evidence of that when they had made their way into bed. There were only lazy smiles and loving eyes. A moment with just them. Thumbs stroking cheeks, lips brushing against each other and entangled limbs. They soothed each other to sleep.