Chapter 17: Dream

Maki's Pov
"I was floating, floating to nowhere. I don't know where I was trying to go, what I'm doing here. All I know that I was looking something, but what? What was I looking for? It felt important, important to find but why is it important to find this. I slowly open my eyes to watch the darkness, I noticed what I was wearing. It was a space suit, for a aunstrunt?! I'm in space but why? Why am I in space looking for something, is it really important that I go through the universe to find it. 'Maki...' Who? Who's calling me? 'Maki Roll!' I slowly turn to my side and saw Kaito upside down looking at me with his casual smile. 'What are you doing here?' He asked. 'I was looking for you.' I took my mask off and cried. 'I was so worried, the news said that you're spaceship crashed. You were stranded, I was so worried. I needed to find you to check if you were ok, even if that take years, I would no I will search this whole universe for you because I wanted to know if you were safe. I really care for you Kaito you have no idea, you have no idea how much I love you.' Kaito look at me with an blank face, looking like he doesn't know how to respond to that. After the long silence he gave me a huge smile and laughed. 'Maki Roll have some faith in me, I can survive on my own. I know I can be an idiot sometimes and get myself into trouble then you and Shuichi save me, but give me some credit. We all grow up, we have to do things on our own and I can do the same. So go back and don't worry about me, I'll be fine. Ok, Maki Roll.' Then I woke up, so what do think that represent?" "Well..." Kaede started. " I think this represents that you're afraid of Kaito going to space, worried that something somehow he'll get stranded and that means you would never see him again. And when Kaito was talking I'm guessing that was a part of you telling you to calm down and that Kaito was going to be ok and you need to trust him to protect himself. And the reason you're thinking all about this now is because we're seniors and that means Kaito is about to go to space so you're worrying since school is slowly coming to a close." "I thought so, I keep having this dream. I want to believe that Kaito can protect himself, but sometimes he be reckless and messes up so I want to be there to help him. Like me and Shuichi usually do when he gets in trouble." " I understand Maki, but you can't be with him unless you're going to try and be a austraunt. Maybe it's time for you to tell Kaito your feelings, school is almost over. You might not get a another chance." I nodded. "You're right, I can't wait any longer. I think it's time I finally tell Kaito how I feel. This time I won't back out of it." "Good to hear, just in case you're still afraid to tell him in person." Pulled a letter out of her pocket. I recognize that letter?! "I-it's the letter I was going to give Kaito on our first date, the day he told me he was leaving. I was so depressed I throw it away, you took it out of the trash can?" "Yeah, I also read it. Don't throw it away, ok?" I nodded. "Thank you so much Kaede." I felt tears form in my eyes. I got up and hugged Kaede. "Thank you so much, you're the best friend I could ever ask for." I smiled. "I never seen you smile this big before, Kaito is rubbing off you." She giggled. "Your welcome." She smiled. Kaito I'm gonna to let you know my true feelings, no backing out of it now.