Chapter 26

The stench of fear in the air became ever thicker with each step the ghost took towards us. The worst part was, the ghost of Ben realized it; which only made his smile grow. But my attention was drawn back to the woman ghost on the floor. I thought I saw something around her ankle.  At first glance, there wasn’t anything there but as I concentrated harder, I could vaguely make out something attached to the woman’s ankle. There was a chain attached from this woman’s leg to the man’s leg. And that wasn’t the only one, there were many chains coming from the wall attached to the ghoul. The other women were probably attached at the end of the chains.

“Keep your filthy hands off of me.” Alice demanded and I witnessed Ben slap her across the face. Blood started to flow out of the corner of her mouth as she starred back at him with every intention to kill him. She radiated a murderous aura that almost matched that of the man’s, but Ben didn’t even take notice of it, he just continued to smile.

“Women are only here for me to use so don’t get so cocky you stupid bitch.” He spat as he pulled her head back by the end of her hair. He walked back to the ghost woman who was sobbing hysterically on the floor. “Stop that stupid sobbing.” He demanded and she immediately stopped. “See, you should be more like them.” He lectured as he pulled the women’s teary eyed face up by her hair. “Obedient but I guess you can’t see them. I will admit that I miss training them into obedience but now I have you all.” The ghost woman seemed to become dimmer as he got brighter and more real. I recognized then that the chains were used to suck their energy, no wonder he was so powerful. “I will have so much work ahead of me re-educating you two.”

“As IF!” Alice screamed and the straps flew off of us. She marched right up to him and somehow punched him right in the stomach. He disappeared and then reappeared right behind my neck.

“You can’t hurt me. I’m already dead but I can hurt you.” I yelped as he grabbed my hand. My training came back to me and I turned around hit him with my palm to his nose as my hand turned into a ghostly textured. He yelled and grabbed his nose as he stumbled backwards. Alice’s sword was only a few feet away and I made a quick jump to grab it. I focused my thoughts of infusing my spiritual energy into the sword making it one with my ghostly hand. Just as he was recovering, I turned and sliced him right through his mid section. He screamed in agony and disappeared.

“Is that it?” Alice asked cautiously as she moved to Kaden’s cage and released him. I thought maybe for a second that it was over but then I felt his presence again. Kaden’s furry body came flying by me as he tried to attack the man but to no avail. Only I seemed capable of harming him.

“Did you really think that would destroy me?” He laughed and I noticed that all of the women watching had faded almost entirely. If I were to kill him in this state, all of the woman would be dragged down with him. A plan began to form in my mind.

“Of course I didn’t think that would kill you. We all know how powerful you are but of course you wouldn’t be anything without your women. You are weak without them.” I knew I hit a sore spot when he started to snarl.

“I am not weak and I don’t need any woman to help me.” His anger radiated off him as he fumed at the thought of being dependant on a woman.

“Yes, you are weak. Women are the source of your power. Without them you are nothing.” Alice taunted as she caught on to what was happening. The man growled and charged towards Alice who was prepared to defend herself with just her hands.