the esaay

Rohan Kishibe is a side character in the manga and anime, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable. This is the fourth installment in the series. According to Urban Dictionary, the “best boy” is the superior male character chosen in an anime or a video game. I believe Rohan to be best boy because of his impeccable fashion sense, his abilities, and his attitude and personality. These things round up and make an easily liked character. 

Firstly, Rohan's fashion sense. It is safe to say that Rohan has plenty of cash to spend on clothes. Even compared to other Jojo characters, Rohan's choice of clothing is quite niche. He is often seen with a crop top and some kind of notable designer brand. He's been seen wearing a Gucci watch, and even a Versace thong. He has even had real-life Gucci shows themed towards him. The man tends to be rather flamboyant, in a sense of both clothes and colors. His color pallet usually includes lots of neutrals and even more pastels. He is always seen is a zigzag headband, this is his staple piece. These all contrast his dark emerald hair and eyes in a way that is nice to look at. He is quite the fashion icon. All of these factors help to make for a character that is always interesting to look at. People tend to enjoy characters that stand out in one way or another. We'll come back to that point. 

Secondly, we will talk about his abilities. Rohan's stand, Heavens Door, allows him to analyze and even rewrite someone's life. For example, he set a command in Koichi's book test doesn't allow him to attack him. This ability could determine the course of a fight. He is also quite dexterous and a quick thinker. During his “fight” with Cheap Trick, he made it believe it could kill him, and he ended up defeating Cheap Trick when it turned around. This shows his intelligence as a character and strategic prowess in fights. Characters who give interesting fights and have a secured life are quite comfortable to like since it's nice to know your favorite won't die at any given moment. 

Lastly, we will discuss Rohan's personality. Rohan is the cold character that fangirls always love. He is quite narcissistic and self-centered in the beginning of Diamond is Unbreakable. He believed he was as good as they came. As the season progressed, he was able to ask for help when he needed it. He became friends with people he didn't like at one point, shown with people like Koichi and even Joseph. He never quite warmed up to Josuke, though. It's refreshing to get a character who doesn't “love” the main character. Every other jobro introduced had an affinity toward Josuke, whereas Rohan never really liked him. This was shown with his constant taunting with words like “shithead.” At one point, Rohan even went as far as to insult Josuke's hair. He also tends to hold himself quite high with his posture. He's always seen standing right up. Rohan is never seen slouching. People like characters that aren't so cookie-cutter, exactly like all the others. 

In conclusion, Rohan Kishibe takes plenty of the best factors in amazing characters and puts them together in one, to create the Ultimate Best Boy.