chapter IV

beside you - keshi

-

Waking up from an unfamiliar bed, Jennie was quick to look around the environment she was in. Though it was slightly dark, she could see a glimpse of the room with the help of sun shining through the not so blackout curtains. 

Blinking, she turned to behind her, targeting the nightstand looking for her phone which in just in Jennie's luck was there. Letting out a breath of relief, she grabbed and as her phone lit up she could see the amount of notifications that has accumulated from last night. Scrolling down the screen of what seems like an endless amount of texts and calls from her friends, she was startled when the door creaked open, and dropping her phone to her lap

"Hey, you okay?", Y/N asks with a worried look on her face as she walks towards the bed, and to Jennie. 

"Yeah, no I'm fine. I was jus-, actually it's fine", Jennie stops herself and chuckles looking up at Y/N who had sat down on the edge of the bed. "What happened last night?", Jennie questions because in all honesty she couldn't exactly remember what had happened that night. All she could remember was having the courage to go back to Y/N's car and just see where the night would take the two of them. 

"Well, we drove around Seoul for a bit obviously taking a pit stop to buy alcohol and then went to a drive thru, came back here and just had fun", Y/N explained, chuckling towards the end. A small genuine smile on her face, something that she hasn't had in a few weeks. 

"So we just got drunk? I hope I wasn't much of a pain, my friends say I can't handle alcohol well and sometimes things just go south?", Y/N chuckled again which only prompted Jennie to laugh nervously. 

"Well, we can talk about last night over some food. I made breakfast, care to join?", Jennie nodded her head and got out of the bed following Y/N who was already walking out of the room. 

Y/N wasn't the one to cook for people but with how much Jennie had drank last night, she thought it would be the nice thing to do and help ease her hungover. "Sit wherever you'd like", Y/N gestures from the other side of the breakfast table. "Coffee?", Jennie had already stuffed herself with the eggs that Y/N had cooked and could only nod at the girl. "Any drink in particular?", she waited for the latter to reply but was having trouble chewing the food and so Y/N continued, "Don't worry, I'll surprise you. One special coffee for Jennie Kim'. Y/N turns her back to Jennie and starts to work on the coffee for her and Jennie. 

Meanwhile, the girl behind her, Jennie had never had this good of an egg before. Flabbergasted at how soft and creamy it was, she couldn't stop eating. It did make her wonder why her friend would cheat on someone like Y/N. She was the most down-to-earth idol she has ever met, and Jennie could say she's met a few idols in her time as a trainee. 

"And here you go, one special vanilla latte. I thought you might like creamy coffees rather than stronger ones", Y/N places the cup of coffee in front of Jennie who only thanked the girl. "To be honest, I should be the one saying thank you to you. I was a mess yesterday and you didn't treat me like how the others would". 

"Honestly, if that had happened to me I'd hate if people treated like some fragile glass", Jennie says before taking a sip of the coffee, who after smiled, enjoying the taste of the drink in her hand and wondering how Y/n guessed that lattes were her favourites. 

"You and Jiyong are the only ones who don't seem to treat me that way", a chuckle escaping Y/N lips as she looked across Jennie's direction. 

"YG idols are built different, what can I say", another smile forms in Y/N's face, a second one in only a few minutes.