Chapter Sixteen

Steve's POV

As the nurse and I reached the door I began to hesitate, "Ma'am, are you sure that it's okay for me to see her now?" I asked in a formal tone, "I'm sure Captain, you've done alot for this country and the world. It's the least I can do, she's awake now so feel free to walk in when you feel ready." She professionally replied. After the short-lived conversation ran it's course, I decided to finally go and see Nat and as I entered, she looked at me sweetly and quietly and sarcastically muttered," Hey Captain Sparkles, what can I do for you today?" I chuckled but switched to a firm and serious look, "I came for you, I haven't left the hospital since we arrived and neither have Peter and Michelle. Nat, are you feeling better now?" I worryingly asked her as she gave a slight smile.

"You know, that's the first time I've smiled in three maybe four days. As much as I'm glad it's you I smiled at, I'm not okay.... And honestly out of all of my SHIELD career and the stuff we've seen as apart of the Avengers, Rumlow broke me. He took away my dignity and pride which has honestly destroyed everything I ever was.... I think it's best if I resign from action effective immediately." Nat was breaking down with the purest emotion I've ever encountered in her personal matters and I honestly don't know what I'm going to do.

"I understand your decision however, I think it'd be best if we go on vacation when Peter does. We could leave Rhodes in charge and leave the New York duties to Wanda and Hope while Scott works on his new gadget he's thought of with Hank. Does that sound good to you? " I compromised with the upmost optimism but really, I was terrified on what Nat was going to say. "I think it'd be beneficial but we can't make it a mission. Please we can't, you can but I physically and emotionally can't." She explained and demanded kindly while we braced in each others arms.

Peter's POV

After Steve left me and Michelle to see Natasha, we decided to get everyone from the decathlon, besides Flash, back together before the trip. What everyone else, besides Ned, doesn't knows that me and Michelle are officially together. As everyone approached us and we greeted each other one by one I decided to make the announcement. "Hey guys, I know I'm not the best decathlon member on the team when it comes to attendance but me and Michelle have been talking about my commitments to the team as a whole." I reached and gestured for her to come up. "You sure it's okay for them to know?" I whispered. "Yeah, they're our team." She concluded.

"So what did you guys talk about? Ned obviously knows since he's actually quiet for a change when Peter's in the same room." Betty smartly pieced together. "Okay that's enough, me and Michelle decided that if I miss one session of the decathlon after the vacation. I'll be kicked off the team effective immediately." They all nodded in agreement but suddenly gasped as I took Michelle's hand while she blushed. "After the snap left me without my family, Peter decided to take me under his wing and his roof, got me thearpy for my depression that developed over the last two months, he even got me a job at Stark industries in the lab he works at. And more recently, we found the most special and unique thing we've ever encountered which is.... We're in an official relationship together. " Michelle shyly ended the speech while everyone looked on miraculously shocked.

"Okay I have two questions. One, how long has this been a thing? Two, have you guys done it?" Everyone said the last question in sync like a cybornetical wave while me and Michelle looked at each other in an embarrassing fashion like we should've known this was coming but then, we busted out in laughter while everyone looked at us like we were some sort of outsiders. "First, about three weeks and secondly, no we haven't, we sleep in the same bed but even that's been very recent so let's never speak of this again." Michelle demands like she could kill anyone in the room with a scowl.

Then suddenly, Abraham speaks up, "Hey Peter is it true you attacked Flash on a bus?" I look in disbelief but hey, truth's the best policy. "Yeah I did but only in good reason, otherwise I'd never attack anyone. Everyone here should know that about me." I try to withhold the explicit details. "So what would bring the softest nerd in Midtown High, also known as Peter Parker, break his temper?" Abraham tries to dig into the cracks of my explanation.

"Alright, if you really want the truth then here we are. We decided to take the bus so we could go to Stark Tower since I had to meet the top scientist that I work with and that's the moment I got Michelle a job in the same division I work in as you guys already know. But it's what happened on the bus which brought the events between me and Flash to conspire, he saw us on the bus since he was sat at the back and he decided to insult Michelle knowing she was looking vulnerable for the first time in forever. The insult he used was what made me snap, he called her a 'anorexic piece of shit of a bitchy girlfriend' and that was it. I snapped and attacked him. Anymore questions?" I concluded with passion as everyone looked on in agreement. "Well for what it's worth Pete, I think you did the right thing and Flash got what he deserved." Betty spoke up in a complete confident matter while Michelle squeezed my hand and smiled at me as I looked at her in unity.

"So, how about we have a game night tonight at mine and Michelle's?" I compromised to take any animosity out of the air. "Brilliant idea Pete." Ned speaks finally for everyone while we all begin to gather our things and make way for our planned evening.

That's a wrap! Hope you all enjoyed this even though it was abit late :)