Bad Boy- Chapter Fifteen

Eddie had gotten his mother to let him use her car to drive to the hospital, not really being sure how long he'd stay, or exactly what was going on. She offered to go with him, but Eddie insisted she stay home, since his friend's were there anyway.

As Eddie walked through the hospital doors, a wave of nervousness ran over him. He was worried over his friend, and he hoped his condition wasn't too severe.

The boy's sat in the waiting room, the first place you stepped into when entering the hospital. There were Chris and Kim, and Eddie quickly rushed over to them. They sat, tapping their feet, with a saddened, worried expression on their faces.

"Guys, what's going on?" Eddie asked, taking a seat next to Chris.

"We don't really know for sure. They said Stone was okay, but it would be a bit before we could see him." Kim informed.

Eddie took a sigh of relief. "Thank God he's okay. How're you doing?"

Chris softly smiled. He instantly felt comforted when Eddie first walked into the hospital. "I'm fine, just a little worried is all."

Eddie returned the smile, and wrapped his arms around Chris. It caught Chris by surprise, but he returned the hug. He could feel Eddie's warmth, and for some reason, Chris wasn't so sure, but it almost made him want to cry, just the fact that Eddie was holding him. And he felt some sort of emotion that he couldn't quite understand. Loved? Maybe.

It's only a hug. Chris quickly reminded himself.

"It's going to be okay. Stone is fine." Eddie whispered.

"Stone is ready now, if you want to see him." The doctor interrupted. The two broke from the hug.

"How is he?" Kim asked.

"He's got a broken leg, along with a few cuts. Not too deep, but we did have to stitch one on his back. He's doing good, just sore, and probably will be for a couple days. He's in room 207."

The boy's thanked the doctor before heading towards the room. They were all relieved to see Stone sitting in the bed with his eyes open. When he seen his friends, he smiled.

"Hey guys." Stone said.

"How're you feeling?" Eddie asked. Stone chuckled.

"Pretty messed up, but they gave me some pain meds so they should kick in soon."

"You gave us quite a scare." Chris said.

"What even happened?" Kim asked.

"Ahhh, it was my fault. I ran a red light by accident, but the other dude didn't bother to slow down either."

"We're just glad you're okay." Eddie said.

Chris looked away from Stone, and looked at Eddie's face. His smile was so beautiful, with the perfect shaped lips, and the perfect cheeks. His heart raced in his chest when Eddie's eyes met his, and he quickly looked back at Stone.

I can't keep holding my emotions in like this. Chris thought to himself. I can't stand the thought of Eddie being with someone else. I need to make a move, quick, before Jerry jumps in my way again.

But Eddie only likes you as a friend, he wouldn't want to be any closer to you than that. Stop fooling yourself.

The thought suddenly saddened Chris, but he knew it wasn't the time to think right now. Chris softly sighed, and gave Stone his attention. The four sat around, talking for a bit, until there was a small peck at the door.

"Stone?"

It was Mike, and his eyes were swelled with tears. He quickly rushed into the room, looking a bit relieved just to see Stone was okay.

"Oh gosh, I got so worried when Kim called me. I got my parents to bring me as soon as I could." Mike cried.

"Hey, I'm alright. Just a little bent up." Stone assured him.

Mike wrapped his arms around Stone. He groaned a bit, since his body was tender and sore, but he still returned the hug, and nonetheless, he smiled.

"I'm so glad you're okay." Mike whispered.

"Come on, just kiss already." Chris teased. Everyone in the room chuckled, while Stone had blushing cheeks, and Mike's entire face was as a red as blood.

"It's only a hug." Stone sighed. Mike giggled a bit.

He gently placed his lips against Stone's cheek.

"It's only a get better kiss as well." Mike said.

The boy's began to tease them and laugh at them, but as the visit continued, Stone's medication began to kick in, and he was becoming overwhelmed with sleepiness.

The boy's seen this, and they gave Stone a goodbye. Mike had caught a ride home with Kim, since Eddie insisted on giving Chris a ride home.

He offered for Chris to stay the night with him, but Chris knew he had better get home. It was late, school was the following day, and he had some work to get finished.

"...Vehicles can be dangerous." Eddie rambled on, talking about Stone and car accidents.

"Yeah, that's true." Chris mumbled. He watched out the window as rain began to sprinkle over it. He was lost in his own thoughts.

Eddie pulled up to Chris' house. The lights were all out, to Chris' surprise. He nervously bit his bottom lip.

"You sure you don't wanna stay the night with me?" Eddie offered again. The windshield wipers creaked against the glass.

"I would, but I can't tonight. Umm... Eddie?"

Eddie looked at Chris, his blue eyes shining through the darkness. "Yeah?"

"There's something I want to tell you." Chris spoke slowly. He kept his eyes on Eddie, as Eddie did the same. But the nervousness really set in, and Chris looked back out the window, seeing that the rain was beginning to pick up.

"I..." Chris mumbled, "I... I just like spending time with you. You're..."

Chris bit his bottom lip and looked down at his lap. "You're a good friend."

Eddie chuckled. "You're a good friend, too, Chris. Thanks."

Chris stayed silent for a moment, and then he looked up at Eddie. He gave him a small smile before whispering a goodnight and getting out of the car.

As Chris stepped up to the porch, Eddie began to slowly drive away, and Chris watched him. He sighed, and crawled into the house, where he jumped into bed, and felt like an idiot the rest of the night.