1.6

Chapter 6 | Arc 1.

Xu Ziyue subconsciously replied, but as soon as the words left his mouth, he also froze.

Even more intense was the reaction of the player standing in front of Xu Ziyue; in the darkness nobody could see, but his face paled to deathly white in an instant and his lips turned a frightful blue, his whole body had started shaking incessantly and his pupils had dilated, wide-eyed with fear.

At the very front, Zhang Jin's heart gave a fierce jump and he quickly turned the flashlight on to its maximum brightness, before sprinting for the back of the line.

The sudden bright light caused Xu Ziyue's pupils to contract, reflexively blinking shut and stepping back. It's just his luck that he ended up stepping on a piece of raised tile, and started falling backwards.

"Ke-"

He twisted his ankle.

Sun Mo adjusted his hold on him, allowing for Xu Ziyue to lean painfully on one foot.

It just so happened that Zhang Jin had also run over at this point - he hadn't let go of the person he was holding though, and so the whole line of people were pulled to the back, ending up in a loose circle around the player who had been second-last in line.

Where Zhang Jin's flashlight shown, there laid a dead body, face down on the ground and hand extended up, holding on to the player.

The player instantly let go in shock.

"Pa!" The body fell down onto the tile floor.

The player who had dragged this body along for half the walk trembled as he stuttered, "What, what is this, I, I hadn't felt any resistance at all!"

Normally, if a person were to drag along someone who was lying face down on the ground, then they would without doubt feel a heavy force pulling back at them.

But this game world was not normal.

Zhang Jin squatted down and flipped the body over. "It's Li Guo."

It was the player who had disappeared earlier; his body had been dragged by them halfway down the walkway.

"Move him to the lecture building. It's not convenient to check for clues right here." Zhang Jin frowned and then looked up at Xu Ziyue. When he saw Sun Mo standing calmly beside Xu Ziyue, he gave a jerk in surprise and then felt irrepressible rage start to gather.

"Why did you call the NPC over! I told you to hold hands with the players just now! What are you doing! If you had held on, then none of this would have happened!" Of course, Zhang Jin knew that there was no use in getting angry with an NPC - therefore, all his anger was directed at Xu Ziyue.

Zhang Jin's anger this time had some merit, so Xu Ziyue didn't yell back like he had before. He calmly replied, "When I heard you say that, I held onto Sun Mo's hand..... because I thought I wasn't included in your group. Also, the player in front of me didn't ask me to hold hands, so I didn't give it any further thought." After all, the fact that he was excluded from the group was very obvious, and Xu Ziyue himself was also very self-disciplined.

If Sun Mo hadn't come, then he might have just shamelessly gone ahead and held hands with the group out of fright.

But since Sun Mo had appeared, and Zhang Jin happened to tell everyone to hold hands, and Sun Mo had taken the initiative to hold hands with him...... Xu Ziyue really hadn't given the matter that much thought. It was all a series of coincidences.

And so, it had led to the development of the current scenario.

If this game had such things as an anger meter, then in the face of Xu Ziyue, Zhang Jin was certain he'd now be a full charge, the kind where he could immediately unleash the superpower associated with a full meter. He silently choked on his rage, his face flushed, and one had to admit, he looked quite different from the other gathered players.