Chapter 5: Judgement Day

Military personnel was on the move all over the base. Fighter aircraft and transports stood at the ready on the runway. Tanks and humvees idled at the gate. In a large hangar at the end of the runway, Aro spoke to Justin. "It's time to put that jet of yours to use."
"Agreed," Justin replied. He pressed a button on a control panel. The ground opened up, making way for a platform with a large aircraft on it. It was sleek with two bomb bay doors on the wings. Also on the wings were missiles, rail guns, and Vulcan miniguns. It had engines that had never been seen on any other aircraft. And a v-shaped tail at the back. "Behold, The Maximus-class A-255 super bomber. It is the very first aircraft ever built to use ion engines."
"Let's go kick some ass with it." Maximus taxied out of the hangar and stopped right behind the other aircraft. Aro got into an XF-75 Skystormer (not a real aircraft) and Rain and Abigail were already waiting in XF-68 Starstrafers (again not a real aircraft). Once in his fighter, Aro addressed the large fighting force. "The Nether-Sovigonian Commonwealth has terrorized our people for too long. And now, it's Judgement Day." And with that, the gate opened, and the ground forces charged down the mountainside toward the city. The squadron of aircraft took off, Aro, Rain, and Abigail at the front.
_______________________________
A Sovigonian soldier and wither skeleton were having a conversation near the ruins of the Crafter Inn hotel. "Did you hear about what happened in that factory over in the Soulsand Valley?" wither skeleton spoke with a raspy voice.
"Yeah. It's been on fire for a month now. They need to manage their machines better." Their conversation was interrupted by the roar of jet engines. "What the f-" A missile exploded, instantly killing them. Maximus zoomed by, followed by the rest of the Outcast army. Warning sirens blared across the city. Nether-Sovigonian aircraft and soldiers charged to meet the attackers. The battle had begun.
_______________________________
"I've got a bogey on my tail!" Rain was being pursued by a J-20 and couldn't maneuver quick enough to be able to shoot it down. 20 mm bullets tore the aircraft to shreds. Abigail's aircraft flew by and did a barrel roll. "Showoff." Abigail just laughed. Her cheerful mood vanished at the sight of a sidewinder missile. She looked to her left and saw her wing breaking off. The aircraft began to descend rapidly. Abigail crashed into a Bed Bath & Beyond (lol) and slid across the floor, knocking over the colossal shelves of household items. When she stopped sliding, she grabbed the pistol strapped to the leg of her flight suit. In fighter aircraft, this pistol was generally used for the pilot to kill themself so that if they crashed in enemy lines, they could avoid being captured at a cost of their life, but Abigail wasn't in danger of being captured. Or so she thought. She hopped out of the cockpit onto a bed. When she heard footsteps around the corner, her heart skipped a beat. Abigail hid under the comforter and stayed as flat as possible. She breathed a sigh of relief when the footsteps became distant. The bed was so comfy that she almost didn't want to get up, but she had to so she could regroup with her fellow pilots and soldiers. When she got onto her feet, she froze and turned pale when a soldier was staring right at her. He raised his rifle and aimed it at her head. With lightning reflexes, Abigail roundhouse kicked him in the face and grabbed his rifle. Instead of shooting him, she pulled a knife from a pouch on her arm. With fleek movements, she walked to the staggering soldier. She grabbed him and pulled him close. He had a truly horrified look on his face, for he knew that Abigail would kill him in some way. She stabbed him, but, at the same time, kissed him. The soldier dropped dead, his petrified expression slowly fading. Instead of putting the knife back into the pouch, she rested it on the dead corpse's back. More soldiers came running from both in front and behind Abigail.
"Time to dance," she dual wielded the pistol and rifle, mowing down pigman after pigman, skeleton after skeleton. Soon the troops stopped coming and she ran outside. Outcast troops marched through the street, shooting every enemy they saw. The Nether-Sovigonian forces fell back and were eventually pushed out of the city. Abigail looked back and saw Rain's Starstrafer descending through a hole in the roof. "Took you long enough."
"Just shut up and get in the plane," Rain said with an annoyed tone. "I'm just glad you're still alive."