The hardest part

It had been one year since Ziva had left. One year since Tony said goodbye to her at the airport and did as he described it, the hardest 180 of his life, turning away from and leaving Ziva David. Bishop got into work early that day and Gibbs was not far behind. A little later McGee strolled in, in a relatively good mood, but he remembered it had been one year since Ziva left and the day would be especially hard for Tony. The elevator chimed and out came Tony. "Barely made it DiNozzo" Gibbs said in a warning tone. "Late start to the day boss" He answered as he put his stuff down and got to work. Gibbs was called to discuss a case and not much later they heard "Grab your stuff, dead Marine in Alexandria,Virginia." "You coming DiNozzo?" Gibbs asked. "Right behind you boss." Tony answered snapping of it. He realized had been out of it and needed to redeem hisself. During the investigation Bishop kept looking at Tony noticing he wasn't himself. She knew he had never been himself since the previous agent, who Bishop barely knew anything about, left but today was different. Absolutely no movie references or jokes, and she was determined to find out why. Back in the Squadroom Tony muttered he was going to do something, but Bishop couldn't understand him. She knew this was her chance. "McGee." Bishop said half whispering. "Yeah Bishop what's up?" "What's wrong with Tony?" "Sort of personal sort of not." McGee said knowing that would not be good enough for her. "Just tell me." Bishop said in a bit of an annoyed tone. "Today is exactly one year since the agent who's place you took left." He said. "Ohh." Bishop said in a sympathetic and understanding tone. "I can never read Gibbs face but you don't seem that down." "Well" McGee started, wondering how he should answer this. "Tony and Ziva had more of a relationship than we did." "We were still great friends but it was just...different." Bishop nodded and they both got back to work. The next morning it was the same. Tony had a forlorn look on his face and a longing look in his eyes. "Get to work DiNozzo." Gibbs said as he passed his desk. "Yeah...sorry boss." Tony said, snapping out of it. Bishop looked worriedly at McGee. Tony had left and Bishop knew she had to ask. "Do you think there's anything I can do?" "No" McGee answered quickly. "Unless you can magically make Ziva appear." McGee said half laughing, but still concentrated on his work. "Can't you guys call or text her." Bishop asked. "We have, but she hasn't answered." Bishop thought to herself. "That's it!" She said excitedly. "What?" McGee asked suspiciously. "You have her number so just track it." "Even if it were to work Bishop, we're in the middle of a case we couldn't just go to Israel." Bishop sighed knowing he was right. "She has to be able to be reached someway." Bishop said. McGee admired her determination, but knew the chances of Ziva answering an email or whatever Bishop was going to do were slim. "Bishop, your intention is great, but we need to let Ziva come back when she's ready. "He just...." She started. "I know I know" he said. "I bet Ziva remembers it's been one year and misses him just as much." McGee said convincing Bishop not to contact her. Now all Bishop and suddenly McGee, could hope for is that Ziva would come back to the agency soon. They both hated seeing Tony like this.