3 | you ready?

3 | YOU READY?

Val was lounging on Peter's bed while he picked out the outfits he was planning on taking with him to the trip

Val was lounging on Peter's bed while he picked out the outfits he was planning on taking with him to the trip. Peter turned around and tossed his suitcase onto Val, knocking the air out of her. "What the hell, Parker?" Val shot up from the bed to punch his arm.

Peter chuckled and grabbed her shoulders to keep her from punching him anymore. "Shouldn't you be packing, too?" Peter asked Val.

"You think Happy would let me be out of the house without having my bags packed? I've packed everything I could possibly need." Val flashed a cheeky smile at him.

"Bags? Plural?" Peter pretended to be shocked and let out a fake gasp.

"Yeah," Val huffed, folding her arms across her chest, "one for clothes, one for shoes and another for my suit."

Peter paused his train of thought to focus on what she had just said. "Your suit? Woah, woah, woah. I thought this was supposed to be a relaxing trip. One without the superhero stuff." Peter took a few steps closer to Val so that he was looking straight down at her. She hated how short she was compared to him. She blamed her mother for giving her such a horrible genetic trait.

"You weren't planning on taking your suit? I wasn't going to use it. It's just as a precaution." Val's nose bunched up like a bunny nose in distaste of what he had just said.

"No, I wasn't going to bring it!" Peter began to raise his voice at her.

"And what were you planning on using if something happens, huh? Your Peter-tingle?" Val teased him. She knew he hated when she and May would call his sixth sense the Peter-tingle.

"Nothing's going to happen. I promise you, we're just going to have a very normal, a very friendly trip. It'll be fun." Peter wrapped his arms around her waist, allowing Val to wrap her own arms around his neck and nuzzle her head in the crook of his shoulder. She loved when he did this. It made her feel all warm inside. Anytime they argued, all he had to do was hug her like that and she'd melt all over him. At first she thought it was his cotton shirts, but, then she realized that even in his Spider-Man suit she felt like that. After a while of dating him, she figured it out to be his scent. Peter always had this peculiar, comforting and almost nostalgic smell to him. It made her feel at home.

"You been working out? Your arms seem a lot stronger." Val complimented him once they broke their hug. She squeezed his bicep, making sure that it was really muscle all under there.

"Yeah, actually." Peter tried to hold back his proud smile that she noticed the work he was putting in.

Suddenly, Val's phone began to ring. She turned to check who it was. "Ah, shit. It's MJ. I told her I'd meet her at around... now. I've got to go." Val announced, then she scrambled to grab all of her things.

"You've got all your things for the trip? You ready?" Val asked as she shoved all of her things into her purse.

"Dunnn dun dun dun dun dun dunnnnn. I look and stare so deep in your eyes." Peter began to sing Beyoncé's song 'Crazy in Love.' Val's "you ready?" reminded him of the introduction to the song and he couldn't help but to start singing it.

"I touch on you more and more every time!" Val sang the next line as she walked out of his room.

"When you leave I'm begging you not to go." Peter didn't sing the next line in a sing-songy voice. He spoke it out like a mere sentence. It was very appropriate for the situation they were in since Val was just leaving his place. He hurried up behind her and grabbed her wrist to spin her around. He planted a quick, but loving, farewell kiss on her lips. Val smiled into the kiss then left his apartment, leaving happy and truly crazy in love.