- 04 -

DOM

-THE NEXT DAY-

"Come on baby answer the phone

"Come on baby answer the phone." I tried calling her again and of course, she didn't answer. I threw the phone on the bed and punched the wall. "Fuck!" I let out a frustrated breath and called Princeton.

"Wassup" Princeton answered on the third ring.

"I fucked up." I rubbed my hand down my face. "Mea found out about Junior."

"Yooo, how did she find out?" Princeton asked. I told him about the picture. "Damn Dom. I told you to let her know about that situation 2 years ago."

"I was just waiting on the perfect time" I shrugged my shoulders.

"Dom you waited all these years I'm starting to think you were never going to tell her. You were going to hold onto that secret until it blew up in your face. Now, look at you, probably over there in the fetal position crying like a baby" he started laughing.

"Man Prince this ain't the time for jokes." I was irritated because I didn't see the humor in the situation.

"Nobody told you to cheat! Now you want to be a damn cry baby. Get your thumb out of your mouth and figure out how you're going to fix this!" Prince said.

I sighed. "Your right I don't know how but I'm going to get her back." I tried to convince myself.

Thirty minutes into the call with Princeton I heard the front door being open.

"Let me call you back!" I hung up the phone and left out of the room.

I got to the stairs and heard "Shit!" It was Mea coming through the front door but she was turning around to head back out of the house.

I raced down the stairs and grabbed her arm before she could reach the middle of the path. "Mea!" She yanked her arm back.

"Get off me, Dominique!" She yelled. "Listen, I am just here to grab some things and I'll be out of your way. Please don't make this hard." She quickly moved around me and walked towards the house going upstairs to our bedroom.

After getting my emotions together I turned around and walked back into the house. I went to the staircase and slowly walked towards our bedroom trying to get words together. She was throwing clothes into duffel bags. Damn, she's really leaving a nigga. I watched her in silence for a few moments. I was just happy to have her in my presence if only for a little while.

I watched her continue to pack her stuff and didn't stop her because I knew she needed her space. She tried her hardest to ignore me and avoid eye contact which is cool for now but she's not leaving without talking to me.

I moved away from the doorway and got closer to where she was on the bed. My eyes taking in all of her. My baby is looking fine. My eyes stopped on her stomach.

She's out of her mind if she thinks I'm not going to be there for her and my child. When I noticed she was almost done packing her items I finally spoke up.

"Meme, I'm sorry." She didn't stop what she was doing. "Don't let this situation tear what we created apart. We are supposed to get married in a few months." I walked over to the dresser, opened the top drawer, grabbed her engagement ring and placed it on the bed.

"If we have to push the wedding date back I understand but I'm going to marry your ass. We belong together. Me, you and my unborn child." She laughed and walked into our bathroom to grab more of her items.

She came back out, placed the house key on the dresser, zipped up her duffel bags and was preparing to leave. I blocked her from leaving out of the room. "Get out of my way Dominique. I don't have time for the games." I stayed in place.

"I'm going to let you cool off Mea but we are not over." She finally looked me in my eyes and what I saw broke my heart. Pain, anger, and hurt. Emotions I promised her that she would never have to deal with.

I placed my hand on her cheek. We stared at each other until she rolled her eyes, pushed my hand away and stormed out of the room. I watched the love of my life walk out of my life.

I wasn't sure how long she would be gone but, I was hoping that she would come back. I sighed and noticed that my phone was ringing on the dresser.

INCOMING CALL: JUNIOR

What does she want? I ignored my baby mama Aaliyah and placed the phone back on the dresser. What I have to say to her needs to be done in person.