C1.

thank you my loves for 100 reads! please don't forget to vote, it keeps me going 💞

Song of the chapter Youth by Daughter

The 17 hour flight from Australia to London made me question if coming all this way was worth it.

It gave me more than enough time to think about why I am really doing this. Moving kilometres away from what i've called home for 18 years seems like a massive choice. But to me it was the only solution to start a new life. To run away almost. I can start new here. I can forget everything that happened at home. I can find myself. I think.

My eyes slowly adjust to the light on the plane as people start moving around me to grab their bags and leave. Well.... here goes.

As I walk out of the taxi to my new home for the next 6 months, I take in the whole appearance of my apartment. Little, you could say cute I guess. I'm signalled by someone waving at me from the front door of the apartment. I walk up to them with caution as I have no idea who this person is and could be my first interaction ever in London.

"Maya Thomas?" The small blonde woman says to me with a strong smile plastered to her face.

"Yes it is" I say shaking her hand.

"Oh great! I'm the real estate agent for the flat" She says. Of course she is. My first instinct is always to judge people and I hate that about myself.

"So here are two sets of keys" She enthusiastically says and paces two sets of keys in my hands.

"Any questions? No? I'll leave to it! Contact me if you need anything" She says in one mouthful of breath and walks off. Does everything happen here that quickly? I'm still gathering my thoughts on the first sentence she said.

I open the front door and bring my bags through. Taking a look at the apartment inside, I see a small kitchen and a lounge room completed with a fireplace and a small TV and look further into my bedroom and bathroom. Looking at this empty apartment I think to myself where I am and how far I have come. Never would I have thought I'd be in London. In my very own apartment.

To use the time wisely I go out and try find myself a job.

~

It felt like hours of handing in my resume to cafes, bars, boutiques. I felt drained and defeated. On my way home I decide to grab some fish and chips and sit on a local pier near my apartment. It's truly beautiful here. I people watch families and groups of both boys and girls. I watch as I see the possibility of calling this place home. The walk back to my apartment was not far from the city centre. To my surprise there was a vintage book and vinyl shop a few blocks away from my apartment. I can't help myself I have to look inside. To my luck there is a hiring sign at the front. This is definitely going to be home.

Walking out of the shop I feel accomplished more than anything. I managed to get a job at a place that reaches my expectations and ran by an old man called Morrissey. I continue the walk home and find my little flat just the way I left it.

I walk up to my door and scrummage to find my keys and notice I'm not alone. I look to my left to see a tall brunette boy sitting on my porch. I drop my keys in surprise and hear a laugh erupt from the mysterious boy at my house.

"Uh... Hi?" I say in complete confusion.

"Hello there" He says in a thick British accent that makes most girls weak at the knees.

"Can I help you?" I say in astonishment. I literally have a boy waiting on my doorstep within a day of being here. I can't help but laugh at the thought of boys coming to me.

"I'm looking for Joel..is he hiding in there?" The boy says looking through my front window.

"Not that I know of. I moved in this morning" I say in disbelief. What is he talking about?

He looks at me with a smirk and I get a moment to take in his features. His hair is perfect brown and tucked back with gel. His eyes are a strong colour of green that suit his pale and prominent facial features. I look down to his smirk where his dimples are popping out and I feel my heart flutter. He's wearing a plain white tee with a leather jacket on and to complete his bad boy look is black jeans and black boots.

God I'm so distracted I forgot no one is talking, just starting at each other.

"Oi Hero what are you doing? I live next door you dummy" I turn my head to see a blonde boy standing there talking from the wall next to my apartment. I look back at the boy and as he meets my gaze before standing up and walking towards me. His tall figure is more noticeable as he stands in front of me.

He smiles down at me as he says "Coming Joel" and he walks off.

I'm left astounded at what just happened. Hero happened.