A Gentle Touch

James POV

"What's up James" Shouted a voice I immediately placed as Jacks.

Glancing at the colt I noticed his previous relaxed state was now gone but I trusted that he wasn't about to move so I slowly and cautiously turned to face the boys.

"Do you have to shout" I said back probably more angrily than I intended.

"Sorry" Jack pouted but I could tell he wasn't actually sorry

"How you getting on with him?" Will asked

"Well I haven't touched him yet but as you can see he is at least letting me stand closer to him now"

"Yeh I see that"

"I'm hoping to at least have touched him by tonight, he is coming along quicker than I thought he would but he is certainly taking longer than any brumby I have ever dealt with"

"Yeah, well he hasn't exactly had the best experience with us."

"True"

"Well we will leave you to it, boys try to keep away so you don't cause distractions. See ya later James" With that Will and the boys left and I turned around and returned my gaze to the colt.

He had relaxed again and appeared to be dozing but I could tell he wasn't as his eye was watching me intently. The fear his eyes displayed this morning was gone and had been replaced with a calmer more curious look. When he was relaxed like this you could see the horse he really was, he had this strong, fine and intelligent look about him. You could tell he was powerful as he was corded with muscle yet he seemed to hold himself with a graceful delicacy I hadn't before seen in a brumby. I couldn't help but admire him.

After about ten minutes I decided to move closer. I managed to get four steps before I noticed him start to tense up again so I froze. Doing the same thing I had done all day. Once he had relaxed again I took a few steps closer. An hour later I found myself miraculously standing just a meter from him. And not a single part of him seemed the least bit worried.

Camira's POV (sorry for the POV change)

The man was now only the shortest distance away and for some reason I couldn't find it in me to be frightend. My body remained relaxed and I watched him curiously, what was he trying to do? 

I suddenly found myself turning my head towards him. He moved one of his arms forward and I tensed slightly before relaxing again. Part of me wanted to smell his hand but another was telling me not to, I stood still for a moment not sure of what to do and eventually decided against getting to close so I turned my head back away from him but kept an eye on him.

He moved closer but I took little notice his arm was still stretched out and was just a whiskers length away from my shoulder. I suddenly felt a slight pressure on my shoulder and noticing it was the man touching me I tensed but didn't move. It wasn't hurting me and as much as I hated to say it I was almost enjoying the touch. 

Slowly he began to move his hand up and down my shoulder. Once he had run his hand from the top of my shoulder to the bottom, he lowered his hand and began to slowly back away. Once he was out of reach of me he turned and began walking away, and within seconds he left my yard. 

I stood confused for a minute before he returned to clean my water drum and give me more hay, Before he climbed back through the rails and held out a big handful of rich green grass. I stood staring for a while before the smell of it made me take a few steps closer. I didn't come close enough to take it but oh boy it looked so good.

Eventually the man dropped it and left to retire into his hut as the sun was beginning to set. I was just savoring the last mouthful when the sun finally disappeared. 

I was suprised at my actions. How had I let him touch me? Yet I was almost craving the touch. I missed being able to interact with my herd and I was lonelier than I had ever been before.

Hey!!! Ok so this chapter is finally done and dusted I had to split it up cause it was way to long. 🤣LOL. So I still havent gotten 100 reads or 30 votes😪. I would really love if i could get that many!!! It would mean a lot to me.

Anyways I am temporarily going to stop updating as I have realised I am constantly swapping and changing from 1st and 3rd person and I have a feeling it would be extremely annoying😑 so Im gonna do some fixer uping and i will update again once im done.

Thanks for reading guys😆 I will hopefully update soon. 

Wally Wombat😎