Chapter 89

The rest of the month was boring. We were at another DA meeting and it was really close to end of year. We were practicing how to produce a patronus but I couldn't. Harry came over to me and helped me with my stance. I thought of a memory I thought was a very good memory.

"Expecto Patronum!" I said.

A sliver of light came from my wand. I got angry and threw my wand across the room. I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist from behind and sighed.

"Calm down. Go pick up your wand, and I'll help you." I heard Fred say.

I nodded and walked across the room and grabbed my wand. I walked back over to Fred.

"Alright, what memory are you thinking of?" Fred asked.

"When Alex and I first started acting like brother and sister." I answered.

"Maybe you need to try something else, maybe your first kiss." Fred said.

"Or maybe a dream of those two little misfits?" I asked.

"Maybe." Fred answered.

I thought about the dream where I saw both Maria and Zacharias.

"Expecto Patronum!" I said.

I smiled widely as a swan floated out of my wand. Everyone looked at me in shock.

"Well done, An!" Fred and Harry said at the same time.

Everyone erupted into applaud and we went back to our Patronous'. Harry walked over to me.

"A swan patronus. " Harry said.

I nodded.

"They're usually for quiet people, not antisocial, but quiet. The person is always surrounded by a group of friends, and they act as a support system in times of emotional distress. And generally it also means that the person needs to keep enjoying the little things in life and do their best not to dwell on the past." I replied.

Harry nodded and kept walking around. Everyone was smiling as they're Patronuses roamed freely when there was suddenly a loud bang from the wall across from the fireplace. Everyone lost concentration and stared at it. Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I all walked up to it. There was another loud bang and there was now a crack in the wall.

"One more time and I'll have this job done!" We heard Umbridge.

Umbridge already hated me enough, if I was caught here I'd be dead. I went into a slight panic and ran to the back of the crowd. The wall blasted in and Harry, Ron, and Hermione walked backwards. There stood Umbridge, Filch, Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle. But there was something wrong, oh so wrong. Draco was holding onto to back of Cho Chang's robe.

"Well, everyone who participated in this little club will be attending detention with me in the great hall." Umbridge said.

I quickly turned into a wolf and tried to sneak out but someone roughly grabbed the fur on the back of my neck. I whimpered in pain and sat down. I looked up to see Draco had grabbed my neck fur.

"Let go of her! You're hurting her!" Harry said.

"Let me guess, this mutt also has the name Andrea Benton?" Draco asked.

"Just let her go! She can transform back if you're holding her like that! And holding her fur that roughly can actually affect her physically outside of wolf life!" Harry yelled.

I continued to whimper as I tried not to kill this son of a bitch.

"Calm down." I heard a voice.

They were speaking in wolf.

"Who just growled?!!" Umbridge snapped.

I looked at Fred who was looking straight at me. He opened his mouth.

"It's going to be ok. Just don't scratch him." The voice said as Fred's mouth moved to match.

I nodded.

"That's my girl." Fred said with a smirk.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too, doll." Fred replied.

I quickly had an idea. Draco wasn't as strong as he made out to be. Being a wolf has its perks in every situation. Faith and Millicent knew I was a werewolf and would only howl during awake hours if I was in trouble. I howled and everyone looked at me. I listened as I heard footsteps running to the area from a few hallways away. I heard the girls start panting. They were getting closer.

"They're around the corner." I said.

Fred looked at me confusedly then behind me.

"What's going on?!! We heard you howl!" I heard Faith.

She quickly noticed how Draco was holding me and knew how bad it was. She quickly walked up to him and grabbed his ear tightly.

"Let go of her you git!" Faith snapped.

"Or what you filthy little half-blood." Draco snapped.

Faith let go of Draco's ear and grabbed his hair tightly. Draco let go of me and I walked away as quickly as I could. I got to Millicent and turned back into a human.

"Are you ok?" Millicent asked.

"It hurts really, really badly." I answered with a few voice cracks.

I felt the tears well up. Millicent helped me up.

"Just take me to the maple trees behind the school..." I whimpered.

Millicent nodded and we started walking away but were stopped by a voice.

"Come back here!" Umbridge snapped.

"Just go, Mill." I whimpered.

She nodded and continued to help me through the castle and out to the maple trees behind the castle. We got to the middle of the maple trees and I took in a deep breath of the air.

"Put me down here." I said.

Millicent nodded and gently laid me down. I started getting drowsy and my eyes closed. I slowly drifted off into a peaceful slumber.

~ Timeskip ~

I woke up confusedly because of the smell of maple trees. I looked around and realised I was in the middle of the maple trees and Millicent, Harry, Fred, Faith, and Alex were there with me.

"What......happened?" I asked. "All I remember is that I transformed into a wolf and tried to sneak out but failed. Everything from there is kinda.....fuzzy. but I do remember this! Fred was talking to me in wolf!"

"Well, you failed on sneaking out because Malfoy grabbed the fur on you're neck roughly causing you to be in pain. Then you howled and Faith and Millicent came. Faith saved you and Millicent took you here because you asked her to. Then, according to Millicent, you fell asleep of your own accord." Harry answered.

I nodded and sat up. I shook the leaves out of my hair and sighed. Detention with Umbridge I thought, probably gonna be writing lines with those special quills again. I looked at the tree I was under and smiled. Fred walked over and handed me my crutches. I took them and stood up. We all walked back into the castle with the boys five feet ahead of us.