FINALS

FINALS

May 18 | 5:00am

Today is the last of lasts. I could end up being a senior who just graduated or a senior who graduated with a championship. These thoughts sometimes go over and over my head. But its not yet done, until its over.

Then I heard soft knocks, no one was talking. When I opened the door a huge smile greeted me with a plastic bag of Tapa King.

"What? Why are you here? So early naman ah!" Bea hissed.

"Oh init ng ulo. I bought some breakfast. Kumain ka na may pupuntahan tayo! Wag ka na ngumuya, lunukin mo nalang agad" Bea slightly punched him.

May 18 | 6:00am

We are now inside his car and I have no idea where the hell we are going this early. I noticed na parang familiar kung saan kami dumadaan.

"Tell me na kasi! It's 6am palang and i'm already on the road, this is creepy" Bea looked at him with a slightly 'pabebe' face

"Hahaha bea I won't kidnap you don't worry"

"Nakakainis ka! You'll wake me up early and won't tell me anything, eh ang aga aga tapos hindi ko naman alam saan mo ako dadalhin!"

He held her hand.

"You're always safe with me, love"

May 18 | 6:30am

As I look at him walking infront of me, I cannot express what the hell I'm feeling as I whispered to myself "You're so damn lucky, beatriz"

We knelt down and prayed. Nothing repeats on my mind but the championship. It's the Game 3, might as well pati hiling ko i-todo ko na. I'll fight for my spot, i'll fight for the championship. No matter what it takes.

"Why did you take me here?" Bea asked.

"I knew it was what you needed. I knew that it would be the only place you'll ever run to in the midst of chaos. Because, It's your missing piece."

"You know me too well" Bea laughed a little.

He held her hand once more, now a little bit tighter then the usual. He leaned a little close to her ear.

"Promise me, that you will never doubt your capabilities ever again. I believe in you, captain. We always do." He kissed her forehead and together they walked out of Gesu.

May 18 | 3:00pm

The music. The chants. The roars.

This will be the last time I will ever wear this jersey and the last time that I will play for the blue and white. The last time I will ever shout 'one big fight'.

The game started and we got Set 1.

Bea get your head in the game. Trust yourself. Trust your team. Trust the system.

Set 2 and Set 3, passed.

ATENEO ARE ONCE AGAIN THE CHAMPIONS OF UAAP WOMENS VOLLEYBAL!

We lived the dream! My head might blow. I am so happy!

May 18 | 5:00pm

I ran to my friends Maki, Cel and Daniela. This girls never left my side since Day 1. I couldn't done it without them. They are my support system aside from my family.

But I still have one person to hug. The person who saved me from the lowest of lows and motivated me that I and my teammates were enough to win this championship.

"There you are" Bea whispered to herself.

I gave him the tightest and happiest hug I could ever give to someone.

"I've done it, love. I got the championship." Bea whispered to him.

"Last chances are always the sweetest" He chuckled a bit.

He was actually taken aback by the hug and his heart, oh god, his heart is beating so fast. Before Bea could join the wild crowd she looked at him and held is hand.

"I found my missing piece, Thirdy"