Sleeping Beauty

In this one you read about how Cardamom came to the conclusion of how giving his mother candy would mean he was a prince, and that she would wake up.

It seemed forever ago that he had felt the warmth of his mother's hands.

They were always luke-warm; Not definite on whether she would wake up from her nap or not. But  Carmadon though that was okay because naps were things you wake up from.

Carmadon was walking to school now. He was a big boy (he had to use both hands to count how old he was now: 6!) and walk by himself.

The story read to him and his class was Sleeping Beauty, and he thought it was a very good thing that he had payed attention because he could finally wake his mum up and ask for her to make breakfast.

Carmadon had waddled over to the store and bought an armful of candy because it was chivalrous, and that's what princes were.

He grabbed a plate once he got home and opened his mum's door.

He struggled on top of his mother's bed and spoke, "I brought you some candy." He placed the plate on his mother's dresser,

"Mrs. Talbet said that a prince was kind and chivalrous, and that a prince could wake up a princess if he showed her true love!" he hugged his mother's sleeping form,

"I love you mum—" Carmadon kissed his mother on the cheek, "—I'll see you in the morning."

He didn't see her in the morning, or the many mornings after that.

A/N Not gonna lie, this hurt to write.