Valar morghulis.

PoV Daenerys

I gasped, hot air blew into my lungs when my eyes opened for the first time in weeks. My silver hair was a mess and a headache was forming that consumed all of my attention for that moment.

It took the me a couple of minutes to focus again, I looked around with my tired, violet eyes, but what I couldn't see were the narrow snake like pupils, looking around the dusty area carefully.

My eyes wandered to the large, black rock a couple of feet away. I smiled, knowing what that "rock" meant and walked to it with still shaking legs that are almost giving in under the weight of my thin body.

The rock moved and soon enough you could see a large head hanging in front of my face
"Drogon." I whispered loving and put a hand on the forehead of the dragon. He nudged me softly, what should tell me to get on his back.

It was a usual move for me to climb on the dragons back for a flight, but it felt like forever this time.
"Where am I?" I silently said to myself and sat down on the back of my dragon, holding on on the large scales which grew out of the reptile like a thick armour.
Drogon took of from the sand and I looked down the neck, seeing the open land on one side and the wide ocean on the other one.

"Where am I." I muttered yet again, for me it felt like flying home but I somehow I wasn't sure about that, where is home?
"We are in Essos, Mother." A gentle voice surprised me, filling my head with a powerful echo, it made me look around, but it wasn't possible that someone else was here, hunderts of feet over the ground.

Drogon turned his head to me while growling and out of the sudden I know who the voice was.
"You were talking in my head." I stated calmly and the dragon nodded with a sad expression crossing his features.
"You would have been dead if it wasn't for me saving you in the last second. Giving you a part of my inner flame was the only chance to make you survive." Drogon looked forwards and I recalled my last memories.

My fists clenched around the scales aggressively, Jon Snow. I tried my best to stay calm, after all there still are many questions not answered.
"What is the meaning of this? Why can I talk to you, Drogon?" I finally asked, or thought while concentrating to where the voice came from before.

"I gave you a part of myself, a piece of a dragon, mother. You're stronger now, with dragon features and abilities. Something like that only happened once before, in Old Valyria, thousands of years ago." The dragon hummed and left me with even more questions than before.

I looked down my body but I couldn't see anything different yet.
"The changes will come in the future, first changes in your abilities than your lookings." I just sat on the back of my dragon as we got closer to ruins. I immediately knew were we were going and smiled, the place where my house was born, where the first Targaryen was born.

"Old Valyria, we are going to Mereen." I said questioning and Drogon purred.
"Home, we should have never left it." It's true we both had lost so much during our stay in Westeros. Rheagal, Viserion, my children...

I could never see them again, nor could I take my good byes. I tried to pull myself away from the memories and to focus on Drogon again.
"What are these changes?" I asked and bit my lip, I didn't know what to think of all of this.

"Shapeshifting, at least I think so." He said and flew over the ruins of the mysterious old empire. I knew who is living there right now, disgusted I looked down. Jorah almost died because of them, but now he also was dead...he died for me. My newly found  inner self had awoken, when the emotions rushed through my body I felt a flame burning through my stomach. A consuming heat radiated from my body.

"I can't..." I stumbled across the words and didn't know how to think of the situation, my former self felt like it was blown away. My family believed in being dragons, but even I knew that this wasn't possible in any circumstances.

And now...Now I should be a dragon, at least partly.
"I will stand by your side, mother. I will help you getting to know yourself again." The black reptile said in my head and I simply nodded my head.

"It isn't going to be easy, Drogon." I said and caressed his neck softly, the scales were sharp but it never really bothered me. Maybe this was my destiny. In my mind I kept on rambling but I slowly calmed down.

A determined look was appearing on my face, my future won't be in Westeros, Essos is the land where my family is born...where I grew up. From the easternmost coast to the westernmost. My empire will grow like my dragon.

"Valar morghulis." I could feel my voice darkening in my throat, like a burning desire.
"All men must die." I added afterward

"But you ain't are human no more." Drogon growled proud, smoke coming out of his mouth shortly before a ring of fire was blasted into the blue sky.